Important notice: After installing this update you may have to repeat the aerofly5 activation or you wont be able to load the new models. To repeat the activation go to the About menu and choose Repeat aerofly5 activation.
Mac OS X
Depending on your installed aerofly5 version, you need to pick the right update. If you have aerofly5 prior to version 5.5, download the update to version 5.5 first before installing the update to version 5.7.
Download update to version 22.214.171.124 (1,4 GB):
Download the update from version 5.5.x.x to version 126.96.36.199 (1 GB):
Download the update from version 5.7.x.x to version 188.8.131.52 (5,75 MB):
Installation: Once the download is complete double click on the executable file. Then follow the instructions to install the update.
Download Update Version 184.108.40.206 (2,4 GB):
Installation: Once the download is complete mount af5-mac-update-v5070701.dmg file by double clicking on it. Then copy the application “af5-mac-update-v5070701” into your aerofly5 folder. Then double click on “af5-mac-update-v5070701” to start the update process.
Changes for version 220.127.116.11:
- This update fixes some minor bugs and improve the overall stability of aerofly5
- Fixed a bug when in tow gliding mode
- Sb13 rudder fixed, Baron58 flaps adjusted, Hook release for Bird of Time, Bobcat aileron fixed
- Better support for dual or triple monitor setups
- Fixed photo sphere rendering if no shadow is active
Changes for version 18.104.22.168:
- Small performance optimizations
- Bug fix for the two player splitscreen mode
- Bug fixes and performance improvements for the binocular view
- Minor translation fixes
Changes for version 22.214.171.124:
- Over 30 new models: Akaflieg SB-13, Beechcraft Baron 58, Bird of Time, Blade 400, Bleriot XI, Boeing B17, Borjet Cam-Flyer Q, Borjet Maja, Caliber 90 Staysee, Christen Eagle, D.H. 89 Dragon Rapide, DG 808c, Douglas DC3, Eurocopter Tiger, FAI Evo Next, Focke Wulf Fw 190, Foka 4, Fokker DR1, Freedom Glider, Hall Bulldog, Ju 52, Messerschmitt Bf109, Multiplex Cularis, Multiplex Funjet, Multiplex Merlin, Multiplex Xeno, Piper Cub, Sbach 342 (2 design variants), Spitfire MK 9, Swift S-1, Tomahawk Design Futura (2 sizes), Wright Flyer
- New photo sceneries: Hahnweide, Torrey Pines (USA), Venice (Florida, USA), Salzburg, Wurmlingen Indoor hall
- Improved graphic options
- TrackIR support
- height dependant air pressure simulation
- Fully functional cockpit instruments (for the Swift-S1 glider)
- Large winch for True Scale gliders
Changes for version 126.96.36.199:
- Windows: Fixed a small problem with computers using older 3D drivers supporting only OpenGL 2.1
- Mac OS X: Fixed a bug with checking for new versions from within AeroFly 5.
Changes for version 188.8.131.52:
- Fixes a bug with NVIDIA cards and 4D sceneries at “Ultra” quality.
- After installing this update, the main configuration file is resetted. You have to redo a few settings again to restore your desired settings.
Changes for version 184.108.40.206:
- Model RareBear added
- BK 117 tail rotor rotation direction changed
- Added smoke to the DHC-6
- Obesession adjusted
- Limbo and Heli precision contests fixed
- PC21 servo speed modifications
- Adjustments to the control throws for the Yak-55 model
- Auto rotation contest fixed for scenery Bendern
- New FPS warning: This will show you a Warning message if your frame rate gets too low. You can turn this feature on or off in the Graphics menu
Changes for version 220.127.116.11:
- AeroFly 5.5 is a substantial update with over 35 new models, 6 new sceneries and many new features.
- New gliders: Alpina 5001, DG-1000S, Falke SF 25-C, DFS-Reiher III
- Helicopters: BK 117, Eagle Freya, EC-135, Hirobo SDX 50, Logo 400, Logo 600, T-Rex 600 E, T-Rex 700 E, Hirobo Turbulence D3, JR VIBE 50
- General: C-5A Galaxy, PBY Catalina, Robin DR400, F-16, Vought F4U Corsair, Bölkow Bo 208 Junior, Fokker Dr.1, Krill Katana, Aermacchi MB339, Messerschmidt Me-163, Obsession, P-38 Lighting, Krill Spark, Boomerang Sprint, Tiger Moth DH.82, Yakovlev Yak-55
- TrueScale: Sopwith F.1 Camel, DG-1000S, DHC-2 Beaver, Robin DR400, Mustang P-51D
- New photo sceneries: Weldon Dynamic Soaring Site California, MSV Rottenburg, Olsen Stadium, Bendern (MFGL, Modellfluggruppe Liechtenstein), Arvada Associated Modelers (Golden Colorado USA), Wat Phra Si Sanphet Temple (Ayutthaya, Thailand)
- Multiplayer VoiceChat support
- Support for flybarless helicopters
- Support for repaints (check the F-16!)
- Improved water animation