Shot myself in the foot.

• My computer had a huge expiration hiccup and forced me to reinstall Windows. Unfortunately I did an inadequate job of saving files so am reloading 'Steam' and they say I must ask here about reloading 'FS2'. They show my purchase and DLC ok but I see no obvious offer of a re-download. Help.

Update: The fresh install of 'Steam' revealed a download window for FS2 - it says it'll be done in 3 days and 9 hours:).

Edited once, last by olderndirt (August 20, 2017 at 4:06 AM).

• Sorry to hear this.

Rest assured, every purchase that you made in Steam is preserved. You can simply just re-download them. The only down side of this is that it's going to take you some time for the downloads to complete.

The bright side is that PC's tend to become "stale' over time and things tend to be slower. A fresh download of everything will yield positive results overall.

Always look at the positive my friend :)

If there's anything that you need along your way just ask.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Bad luck with that. I did a stupid thing myself and managed to uninstall FS2 whilst messing about with auto update settings. At least I have it on my tablet still. I am waiting and thinking about a much bigger external HD and a more generous download allocation from my ISP before I redownload it.

• For the future, after all the work of the reinstall is done, it would be best to make an image of all relevant ssd/hd

using a recovery tool such as Paragon. It's free for home users.

You can update or renew this image after a certain period and if you run into problems,

simply restore the image and the pc is exactly as it was at the date of the image.

Cheers

Andreas

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

SIMs: Aerofly FS2+FS4, FSXSE, P3D4.5, Xplane 10/11/12, MSFS