Kneeboard in Aerofly FS2

• Hi,

Is there a kneeboard which I can't find in Aerofly FS2, or something similar which can be used for navigation? I assume there is not, as I haven't found one.

The reason I ask, is that I have been flying the 737 in VR and navigating via VOR and waypoints, but I find I need to keep stopping the sim to check bearings and VOR frequencies, as there is no visual guide in the 737. Is there any way I can see my planned nav route including bearings and frequencies without having to go back to the main menu to check?

The addition of a kneeboard, or even an editable EFB, so you could add pdfs or even jpgs of charts, would be a great asset to the sim, in my opinion.

Cheers,

• Right now there is just the moving map (default key: "m") which displays nearby airports and VORs. To find out their frequencies you have to go to the main menu currently, there is no other way as far as I know.

However there is a switch in the 737 to enable automatic frequency tuning, or at least I programmed it to be. It is located on the navigation receivers NAV1 and NAV2 on the right side of the panel. A tiny silver switch with "O'RIDE" and "STBY". Switch it to standby to reenable automatic ILS tuning left and VOR tuning on the right.

We're evaluating possible electronic flight bags (EFB), chances are good that something as valuable as this make it into the sim.

It would be a great addition for VR and non VR, gives you quick access to the navigation, potentially weather, speed cards, approach plates, etc.

Regards,

Jan

• We're evaluating possible electronic flight bags (EFB), chances are good that something as valuable as this make it into the sim.

It would be a great addition for VR and non VR, gives you quick access to the navigation, potentially weather, speed cards, approach plates, etc.

Hurray !!! So pleased to read this. I always chip in whenever people ask about this sort of thing, so it's great to hear that IPACS are now looking into it.

• Hurray !!! So pleased to read this. I always chip in whenever people ask about this sort of thing, so it's great to hear that IPACS are now looking into it.

Hurray from me too! I also always chip in whenever etc. so I am also happy to read this.

• Chip as well from my side...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.