• Hi all,

meanwhile I've created my Aerofly user scenery folder somewhere on my harddrives other than c:\users\documents.

But as we go on downloading or creating scenery, it may be useful to seperate the scenery files.

My Aerofly\scenery\images folder currently is 115 gig and if I start using FSET for some larger areas it will be the same very soon.

I think it may work like this: The user defines his own folder as it is now. But the sim than doesn't look for

a scenery folder in it, but looks for all subfolders containing a scenery folder.

In this case the tree would be like this:

x:\userfolder\colorado1\scenery

colorado2\scenery

puerto rico\scenery and so on.

It would be possible to activate and deactivate scenery by simply copying it's folder into the userfolder or cutting it out.

And, most important: We have the images and stuff for each scenery seperated.

Happy flying

Andreas

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

SIMs: Aerofly FS2+FS4, FSXSE, P3D4.5, Xplane 10/11/12, MSFS

• You should be doing this now.

Place each scenery package that you complete in its own folder. example; if you finish a Colorado scenery in geoconvert, you should place the resulting files into a folder called 'Colorado'

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• yes of course, but in this case I have to insert it to the main configuration file. And all other folders as well.

Cheers

Andreas

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

• But what you are asking already works...

in the main.mcf file define "extra_user_folder" as:

X:\aerofly\scenery

Then on your storage device have your scenery folders:

X:\aerofly\scenery\colorado

and

X:\aerofly\scenery\puerto_rico

And in colorado you have the subfolder \places and \images for all the colorado files and in "puerto_rico" you can have the same subfolders for the files just for puerto rico.... Then the files for Colorado and Puerto Rico are never mixed...

If you move the folder puerto_rico out of that scenery folder it will no longer be displayed in the sim, and if you move it back in or add a new folder with new scenery files in there they should just work out of the box. You could even add subfolders like: X:\aerofly\scenery\usa\colorado or X:\aerofly\scenery\america\usa\colorado . From my experience all subfolders of the scenery folder are looked into by the sim, drhotwing1 (IPACS) can you confirm this?

• yes of course, but in this case I have to insert it to the main configuration file. And all other folders as well.

Cheers

Andreas

Andreas,

I think this is a misunderstanding.

You don't have to specify different scenery folders in the main config.

See this post:

User Defined Custom Folder Location Setting Added to Aerofly FS2 (Main.MCF)

Your structure would be:

X:\userfolder ..........entry in main config file

x:\userfolder\scenery\images\colorado

x:\userfolder\scenery\images\puerto_rico

You can add many different image subfolders.

As soon as you move the folder colorado out of its place, it will not be loaded.

Rodeo

• Hi all,

so this is very good what you say because it already works. Thank you all.

And there are a few different possibilities to do it. I'll try this out. :)

Happy flying

Andreas