What do we like, what do we need, what do we want in AF2

• I think such a tread should be a sticky.

As a real pilot, now only VFR (who want to fly blind for pleasure?) I think we should share stuff and TELL WHY!!!!!!!!

As an example: Weather!

I guess that this is still a game and some like challenge?

I do flight siming for 2 main reason in 2017 (yes I have started with FS3 I think).

-VFR flight, looking at what today's sim and third party can give us, I mean it's getting as real as it can be in some places. That said, I want nice weather!!!!!!!!!! Not to much wind (like in real life).

-Landing and take off, honestly, for me it's one of the most attracting thing in flying (real or simming)

Yes I have P3D and Active sky 2016 but I find myself somethime in such bad weather that I set it manually to nice weather.

So yes the weather in AF2 doesn't need much work to be decent.

ATC? I don't need it, you?? and Why?

Helicopter? Me yes, you?

Moving water?

It's easy to say I want this or that, we all want perfection but what can be achieved in a reasonable time laps.

If it took 1 year to built the Q400, I think that the same energy should be put now on other stuff like scenery (EX)

Constructive post can only be good for the AF2 team

My 2 cent

Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• We have been listening carefully about what the community wants/needs in Aerofly FS2. We also have a game plan that I've been hinting at for some time now, but I will be providing insight to what's planned into the future as much as I can. We are all positive that you will like what's to come.

Unfortunately weather is one of those things that we all want but it's going to take some time to get it into a feature release.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Great things now i AF2 is

Silk smooth gauges (so much better than fsx,p3d etc)

great shaders and graphics engine

good flying physics - feels more right than one are used to

great VR experience with mouse control!

What is need imho is:

Weather (real) + precipations - that actually effect the flying - not only visual rain/thunders/lightning but clouds that are more dangerous than others etc.

Street/City lights

Date/Seasons (spring, fall, winter etc)

Sloped runways

Multiplayer

FMC - or add-ons with FMC

Europe!

Damage/failures

ATC + AI traffic

vpilot/vatsim/ivao compatible

Preflight with cold'n'dark planes - and shut down capabilities.

But thank you so much for developing this FS - for me this is the future - not XP, P3D, FSW, FSX etc... just old wine in new bottles.

• Jeff, you're under no obligation to answer this right now, but is there a new IPACS scenery region DLC on the horizon any time soon?

Ken,

with the geoconvert tool released IPACS has no intention to halt production of new regions.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Ken,

with the geoconvert tool released IPACS has no intention to halt production of new regions.

I'm sorry Jeff but that answer is a little ambiguous; does that mean new scenery regions are on the way in the future or since the geoconvert tool has been released allowing users to create their own scenery IPACS has no intention of putting out new scenery any time soon?

Ken

• I'm sorry Jeff but that answer is a little ambiguous; does that mean new scenery regions are on the way in the future or since the geoconvert tool has been released allowing users to create their own scenery IPACS has no intention of putting out new scenery any time soon?

I'm not too sure why you didn't understand that. IPACS has no intention of halting production of new regions.

Regards,

Jeff

• You actually get best of both worlds here; geoconvert to make scenery yourself and quality DLC. With geoconvert we are building a foundation for a solid future of users customization.

We still have a long way to go, but we will get there :)

Regards,

Jeff

• 1.I love to fly IFR. Especially in IMC it's much more realistic than VFR flying in the sim and there aren't many things in real or simulated flying that are more satisfying then dropping out of the clouds at the minimum in front of the runway after a non-precision approach.

Well said BBRZ. I'll always remember my first real ILS runway lights appearing through the solid cloud base.

I am amazed that after 15 months FS2 does not allow us to directly tune in the navigation radios in the manner available in every other half serious sim from the past 25 years. I find the attitude in IPACS to this denied feature to be very odd.

Without trying to be dramatic my patience is exhausted and I'm looking for my simulated bad (good) weather flying elsewhere. I was disappointed to find that FSW is only a polished FSX, X-plane 11 seems a good bet.

I'll still love FS2 but not in anything 'better' than a light mist. I enjoy the flying, nice scenery helps but taxiing at a super detailed airport really isn't that interesting. There are car simulators for surface movement.

• This particular sim is that good, with a lot of thanks to the LOWI scenery, that I would like to see more quality

scenery such as this.

AI also would be nice. Particularly if it was done by Graham Eccelston who did the Aus/NZ AI which was the exact time as printed in the time-table.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Like the first post i fly most of the time VFR. Flying with computers is boring to me. I love those steam gauges.

I would love to see a UL like the Eurostar EV97 from Evektor and in my case a scenery of Germany.

For the future i hope more third party developer will do some stuff for FS2. FSX and X-Plane are only usable with a tons of addons. Freeware and Payware.

Considering that i am very pleased with FS2 and thanks IPACS for their work.

• I do both VFR and IFR equally. At the moment I'm doing more IFR, not so much VFR with Aerofly as the more complete flight sims feel more immersive.

What Do I Like:

- 3D city centre scenery, airports, trees

- Graphics

- Quality of planes, especially with the latest autopilot update and Q400

- Orbx! It's actually what persuaded me to get AFS2.

What Do I Need/Want:

- Building autogen

- Real-world weather

- GPS/FMC

- ATC

- Seasons

- And of course more scenery regions

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• Would like to see

- Real world weather

- AI Traffic

- More scenery

- Road Traffic

- An ocean that moves

I know to some people these might seem trivial but as much as i like AF FS2 it just seems like it's a quiet world we need some life & movement in it !

I know all this takes time & i love the sim but that is my two cents worth & i do appreciate all that the Ipacs guys are doing :)

• I agree with most of the above demands. And many of these demands including moving water, street/city lights, Europe, more scenery, autogen, etc., can be more easily and practically achieved with World2FS2, a proposed tool that can convert the OpenStreetMap GIS data into 3D objects in the Aerofly FS 2 scenery. Tony Wob, the creator of World 2XP has showned interest in doing so for FS 2: I am playing with OpenStreetMap, and I am thrilled at the prospect of combining it with GeoConvert scenery

I wish IPACS and FS 2 users would respond warmly to Tony's offer, and make FS 2 an even better flight simulation of the next generation.

• I never understood why scenery designers are focusing on things like vending machines in terminals instead of focusing on runways, taxiways and the airport surroundings.

I used to taxi with my attention on the various controls and checklists, an occasional glance took care of going off the taxiway or shredding a lost pedestrian or vehicle. I don't remember admiring pretty airport buildings.

How about a working DME selector? Please please please.