• Actually, I checked with FSWidgets and they said that Apple doesn’t allow demo’s so I need to download to my Win10 and try it there. Thanks for the response.

You can download to Windows 10 or Mac and have a trial version restricted to the San Francisco area. I think it's the same for iPhone, iPad and so on.

Cheers, Ed

• Working with FSWidget folks and no joy yet. I may have gotten carried away when I was in FS2>Misc> tab. I set the IP and the Port to the same as I did in the FSWidgets>Prefs tab. They recommended resetting the FS2 IP and Port numbers back. Trouble is I remember the port number (49002) but not the IP number it originally was. How can I recover that number?

• Working with FSWidget folks and no joy yet. I may have gotten carried away when I was in FS2>Misc> tab. I set the IP and the Port to the same as I did in the FSWidgets>Prefs tab. They recommended resetting the FS2 IP and Port numbers back. Trouble is I remember the port number (49002) but not the IP number it originally was. How can I recover that number?

Don't touch anything inside AFS2 except setting to ON the option of sending data to FSWidgets apps. Find your IPv4 address using "ipconfig /all" (in Win10 I use Windows PowerShell as administrator, right-clicking the windows button). Copy that IP address into igmap settings, as well as the port number 58585. Make sure your device is on the same wifi network that your sim PC running AFS2. This should work.

Cheers, Ed

• Thanks Ed. I've definitely got the correct IP, as I can browse to a web service on the Mac using the IP address. Still no luck with the FSWidgets, though.

Try contacting FSWidget Support. Those guys are really good at solving problems.

Regards,

Ray

• Hi Ed and Ray, thanks for your helpful suggestions, G8tr is now up and running once the local IP address was plugged in.

As for the Mac edition users of AFS2 (psionmark and others), thanks for getting in touch with us over the last few days and there does indeed appear to be an issue that is not present in the Windows edition. We have been in touch directly with the AFS2 dev team, please be assured a fix is coming.

• Thanks Ed. I've definitely got the correct IP, as I can browse to a web service on the Mac using the IP address. Still no luck with the FSWidgets, though.

Well, we tried at least, but it seems something's maybe wrong with the AFS2 Mac edition, as per the posts before.

I downloaded yesterday on my Mac the igmap trial version (locked to SF area) for Mac and it connected right away with my Win10 laptop running AFS2, but this is a different case, since the running machine is on Windows.

Keep us posted about any progress after the issue is sorted out.

Cheers, Ed

• Well, we tried at least, but it seems something's maybe wrong with the AFS2 Mac edition, as per the posts before.

I downloaded yesterday on my Mac the igmap trial version (locked to SF area) for Mac and it connected right away with my Win10 laptop running AFS2, but this is a different case, since the running machine is on Windows.

Keep us posted about any progress after the issue is sorted out.

Cheers, Ed

Will do and thanks again for the suggestions 😄 There's a few things not working on the Mac version (e.g. screenshots) so hopefully a fix will come along soon.

• Hi Ed and Ray, thanks for your helpful suggestions, G8tr is now up and running once the local IP address was plugged in.

As for the Mac edition users of AFS2 (psionmark and others), thanks for getting in touch with us over the last few days and there does indeed appear to be an issue that is not present in the Windows edition. We have been in touch directly with the AFS2 dev team, please be assured a fix is coming.

Great news. Thanks for the update. I've been scratching my head thinking it's something I'm doing, but as it's now a known issue, I'll leave it with you folks 😄

Hi,

...that is good news.

I do appreciate, you folks work on that issue!:|

I do, however not appreciate, that neither Aerofly FS nor FSWidgets put a remark on their website, that the combination of iPad app FSWidgets and MAC AeroflyFS2 will not be able to communicate yet.:(

I bought the FSWidgets bundle today (69€, if I remember correctly), and since hours I checked and checked, why the connection between iGMapHD on my iPad pro and the Areofly FS2 version on my MAC did not connect ( checked IP setting, Port 58585, same WLAN network, nothing with Firewall, in Aerofly slider on ON for the FSWidgets Connection...), as stated both by FSWidgets and Aerofly FS2

I hope you folks come up with something soon, because on your websites you really put some effort into the description, how easy both programs will be able to connect, I quote:

"Network Support Built In

Any FSWidgets mobile or desktop app that relies on the Network Pack can now connect to Aerofly FS 2 (Windows & Mac) directly - no plugin required.

How To Enable Support

1. Aerofly FS 2 - Go to Settings > Miscellaneous and turn it on.

2. FSWidgets App - Go to Settings, enter IP address of sim PC and port 58585."

I admit, I feel a little led up the garden path...

Cheers, W.

• Hi Clipper747pa,

Our sincere apologies for this inconvenience, but you are correct so we have adjusted the text on our website and Help file to indicate that for now only the Windows version of AFS2 supports FSWidgets apps, but that the Mac version of AFS2 will be adding this in their next update.