• Hello,

first thanks for the new update. I have a question to the FSWidgets support. How can I use the tools an wich tools (PC and/or iPad) are supported? On the FSWidgets homepage I can not find some informations, that the tools supports aerofly FS 2.

Jürgen

Viele Grüße
    Jürgen

• Let's hear the response from the IPACS team, but to my understanding, AFS2 is now capable to send data (go to Settings - Miscellaneous to set it ON or OFF) to any FSWidgets App on your iPad, iPhone, Android Device (or even to a windows desktop?, this last one is not cleat to me). So, in short, you'll have to install your selected FSWidgets App into your selected device for this to work.

On the other hand, I would like to know from an existing user of FSWidgets (with any other simulator), which of their apps are recommended or to know actual user experiences with them?.

Cheers, Ed

• Hi,

this is FSWidgets GMapHD for windows, the testversion allows to interact in the San Franciso area.

You don't need the network pack for aerofly FS 2.

I run both programs on a single monitor pc, aerofly is set to windows mode.
    Better would be a dual screen solution or a separate device.

Rodeo

• If Chrome is your browser, you are lucky enough to be able to double-click the word to highlight it, right-click, and choose "Google xxx".

(I also didn't know what it is)

Interesting lawsuit underway because like "hoovering", "googling" has become lower-case generic.

Google understandably wants to hang onto its trademark.

• On the FSWidgets GMap app installed on my iPhone, on the settings screen I've typed the IP address and Port for the data from AFS2 to be broadcast, and switched to ON the option to send data from AFS2 to the FSWidgets applications, but I cannot get the sim to connect to my GMap application and both iPhone and Computer are connected to the same wi-fi network. Someone please any hints?.

Cheers, Ed

• I've used an earlier version on FSX and liked it. Their site does not specify compatibility with FS2 so what exactly did you do to make yours work?

• On the FSWidgets GMap app installed on my iPhone, on the settings screen I've typed the IP address and Port for the data from AFS2 to be broadcast, and switched to ON the option to send data from AFS2 to the FSWidgets applications, but I cannot get the sim to connect to my GMap application and both iPhone and Computer are connected to the same wi-fi network. Someone please any hints?.

Cheers, Ed

I downloaded the Fswidgets network pack and found it was looking for a quite different network address. In my case the network pack told me 192.168.2.10 and port number 58585, after which it connected properly once I entered that info into the hdwidgets app.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• In your /Documents/Aerofly FS2 main.mcf, there are lines for FSWidgets support:

<[connection][network_fswidgets_apps][]

<[bool][Active][false]> <<maybe set this true

<[string8][Type][default]> << maybe leave this alone??

<[string8][IPAddress][127.0.0.1]> << maybe set this to your PC's IP address - check your router or ??

<[uint32][Port][58585]> << maybe leave this alone?

>

Just a guess

• You don't have to edit the main.mcf for this. That option is in the software!

The Aerofly main.mcf isn't a file like the fsx config files that you need to tweek to get the best performance out of it. Pretty much all options in that file are available from within the program. And therefor we don't recommend editing this file.

• whitav8, do NOT modify the main.mcf. The IPAddress in main.mcf is just a place holder and not used yet.

To get FSWidgets Apps to work, no matter if you use desktop, iOS or Android versions, you have to enter the IP address of your computer that is running Aerofly FS 2, thats all. Don't change the port or anything else.

However, the computer running Aerofly FS 2 should have the correct firewall rules to send outgoing data of course, usually Windows asks for this as soon as Aerofly tries sending network data.

• Hi Jürgen, Edward and all,

We're still in the process of updating our site which will contain more details about Aerofly FS 2 and FSWidgets support. Basically though what's been said in this thread so far is largely correct. Most FSWidgets apps will work, as is, with this fantastic new Aerofly release.

For now we have updated our News page here

FSWidgets News

And here's a screenshot of some of that detail. Thanks again Torsten and team for making this possible!

• Thank you for popping in here to announce this. It's very appreciated.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Happy yo know FSWidgets are actually announcing the support of Aerofly. Excellent news!.

Reading all the previous posts here, this is still a bit confusing to me.

Please someone at FSWidgets: could you provide more precise instructions on how to connect with Aerofly?: please clarify how:

1. It's just only changing the switch to ON in Miscellaneous?.

2. Do we need to change anything else in Aerofly?.

3. Do we need to enter the ip and port of our computers in the settings field of the FSWidgets application?. Which port?.

4. Do we need to download and install the FSWidgets Network Pack?.

Many thanks in advance!.

Excellent

Edited once, last by edpatino (August 24, 2017 at 3:29 PM).

• Yes, these are also my questions. I get no conection between aerofly FS 2 an GMapHD.

Viele Grüße
    Jürgen

• To get FSWidgets Apps to work, no matter if you use PC, Mac, iOS or Android versions, you have to enter the IP address of your computer that is running Aerofly FS 2, thats all. Don't change the port or anything else. Just enter the IP address in the settings of the iGMap App.

Here is a simple way to find your IP address: http://www.howtofindmyipaddress.com

• To get FSWidgets Apps to work, no matter if you use PC, Mac, iOS or Android versions, you have to enter the IP address of your computer that is running Aerofly FS 2, thats all. Don't change the port or anything else. Just enter the IP address in the settings of the iGMap App.

Here is a simple way to find your IP address: http://www.howtofindmyipaddress.com

Thanks, seems that this should not be as complicated, but this is still not working. The app on your device (in my case iPhone) keeps asking for the ip address (which is easy to know, as you posted) and Port. Which Port have to be used?. Could you please go back and look at the questions in post #14 above?.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Ed

• Hi and yes I agree, the whole IP address and port number topic can be confusing.

In each FSWidgets app supported by Aerofly FS 2 there are two settings, an IP address and a port number. The IP address must be set to the IP address that the simulator is running on. The port number number should be set to 58585. When you select "ON" in AF2 it will start listening and transmitting on that port number. When you "connect" the FSWidgets app, it will connect to the simulator and start receiving the data it needs.