• And to specifically address Edward's questions...

1. It's just only changing the switch to ON in Miscellaneous?.

2. Do we need to change anything else in Aerofly?.

3. Do we need to enter the ip and port of our computers in the settings field of the FSWidgets application?. Which port?.

4. Do we need to download and install the FSWidgets Network Pack?.

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes, as above the IP address is the address of the computer running AF2, the port number is 58585

4. No the FSWidgets Network Pack is not required

• Hi and yes I agree, the whole IP address and port number topic can be confusing.

In each FSWidgets app supported by Aerofly FS 2 there are two settings, an IP address and a port number. The IP address must be set to the IP address that the simulator is running on. The port number number should be set to 58585. When you select "ON" in AF2 it will start listening and transmitting on that port number. When you "connect" the FSWidgets app, it will connect to the simulator and start receiving the data it needs.

That did it for me! Change the ip & port settings on the FSWidgets APP (NOT FS2). Working fine now - thanks!

• Hi olderndirt and edpatino.

Glad to hear you're both up and running, and thanks for passing on that tip to Ed.

We have a help article for anyone who needs it, linked to on this page: FSWidgets Network Support

Direct link here: Aerofly FS 2 - FSWidgets App Support

If anyone is still stuck by all means get in touch with us and we'll help you out.

Thanks again everyone for your support of our products and to the IPACS team for making this integrated connection possible.

• Okay, so here is a weird one I ran into regarding this topic.

Perhaps FSWidgets or admin may find it worthy to include in their Wiki/Support (or coding).

For some reason I just couldn't get FSWidgets demo (PC) to connect (I am considering purchasing)

My IP address has some numbers that are in single and double digits (ie. 14). Aerofly requires 3-digit IP numbers to be included - so (14) is (014). However, FSWidgets would not work if I used the same (014) I had to write it purely as (14).

Example:

AF2 (190.166.014.001) = FSWidgets (190.166.014.001) = not connecting

AF2 (190.166.014.001) = FSWidgets (190.166.14.1) = connecting

This may not be an issue for the full version of the program or for mobile devices. Anyway, now that I have it all sorted I wanted to say that I really love the implementation IPACS and FSWidgets have done here, my big thank you to both companies.....gonna get me a widget so I can continue to fidget in the skies! :thumbup:

• Unfortunately, no. (Unless you take your goggles on/off to view briefly in 2d). Down the line I am betting we will see some implementation of IPACS interactive items like electronic flight bags, a virtual iPad, or 3rd party adds like FSWidgets to appear in VR, but that is probably not likely in the near future. My guess is those items are midway down an extensive list of features/improvements that we can hope will come to Aerofly over time.

For now, fans of AFS2 can contribute by spreading a good word about what is already a highly enjoyable product and by buying DLC/add-ons. A growing customer base and revenue stream should help keep those updates coming.

• Currently there are no supported ways to view FSWidgets from within a VR headset.

I just used FS Widgets in VR, worked perfectly using OpenVRDesktopPortal. Created a flight plan too with Quickplan and followed it.

Anyone playing in VR needs that program, you can have any window in VR, move it around, resize it, etc all with VR controllers. I have it small and transparent until I look at it, then it becomes clear and enlarges.

• I was mainly stating that there are no supported ways which means that we didn't implement a way to do this yet. Anyone using a 3rd party solution for this and has problems we can't support it properly at this time.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Ah ok, fair enough.

I will say that is has worked perfectly for me for quite a long time, so I highly recommend it. I have even watched an in flight movie using it before in VR :)

I hope you watched the movie as a passenger =O

I'm glad that it works and I would be bold enough to even say that we support it, only if a user messes something up due to this then it's almost impossible for us to troubleshoot it. We have also not tested this against performance measures.

We hope to get something like this running internally in the future for VR users.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Will you publish more technical informations about the broadcast interface? Would lime to see if I can use it for my own Applications.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• I just used FS Widgets in VR, worked perfectly using OpenVRDesktopPortal. Created a flight plan too with Quickplan and followed it.

Interesting to hear of this option, thanks for sharing @RagingBeard, you may have given me an excuse to waste away some time playing with this tomorrow.

I think the OP was referring to direct Aerofly integration, so I think Jeff answered that well from an IPACS perspective.

• I just used FS Widgets in VR, worked perfectly using OpenVRDesktopPortal. Created a flight plan too with Quickplan and followed it.

I would love this application and it's available to buy on Steam.....only one problem for me, it only works on Windows 8 and above!!! I have 7. Anyone know if there is an old version available anywhere that i could use, that's if there was one?!

Thanks