Aerofly FS 2 on new iPad Pro 12.9"... WOW!

• I just got a 12.9" 512GB iPad Pro and am running on iOS 10.3.3 and WOW!!! Aerofly FS 2 looks absolutely amazing!

Load times from home screen to actually being in flight with fully loaded scenery takes all of 3 seconds!!!

Just for comparison, Microsoft FSX on my Core i7 Windows 7 PC from desktop to being in flight takes roughly 5 minutes.

In AFS 2 there is literally zero stutter, zero frame rate drops, zero blurring of ground textures, and zero drawing of ground textures even when flying fast, at least none that I've noticed. In a word this sim runs blazingly fast on my new iPad Pro. It is smooth as silk!

I purchased both scenery addons for AFS 2 - Southern California and Switzerland - and they are amazing especially Switzerland! I hope they release more.

And as an added bonus you can run this sim and have picture-in-picture (pip) if you have a video player that supports pip. I presume listening to an audio file like an MP3 would work too, although I haven't tried that yet. With my experience the YouTube app that comes pre-loaded with the iPad Pro can not run in the background. But there are YouTube apps in the App Store that do! I use AutoTube as my YouTube app. It will play YouTube audio in the background and even keeps playing when you put the iPad in sleep mode. There does seem to be a slight annoying little glitch though when using it with Aeroflight FS 2 but it is easily fixed. That little glitch is this; If you should be flying and want to listen to a YouTube video and you open AutoTube and find and then play your video then switch back to AFS 2 you will notice no change i.e. the sims audio will still be as normal. To fix this just go back to the AutoTube app and click the play button again then switch back to the sim and the YouTube audio will then play but it takes a few seconds to kick in and over ride the sims audio, but there you go! It works!

Or, if you want to actually "watch" a YouTube video while flying using picture-in-picture (pip), I use a great app, also available in the App Store, called CornerTube. Now you can watch your favorite YouTube videos while flying and you can even resize the pip and move it to any of the four corners of the screen or slide off the screen and just listen to the audio leaving an unobtrusive little handle off to the side when you should want to bring back the picture. Both of these apps also have a repeat function too.

The only negatives I can say about the brilliant iOS port of Aeroflight FS 2 are:

* It's not the full blown desktop version (which I don't have but looks even more impressive).

* Using Nimbus gamepad is too sensitive even on lowest sensitivity level to control manual flight, at least for me.

* The green guides while using auto pilot often times in mountainous areas appear way too low and guide you into a mountain side.

I read in this forum that IPACS will be updating AFS 2 before the end of the year (2017) and that they are working on giving it more features like the desktop version. My version of Aerofly FS 2 is version 2.4.7 and the date as of my writing this is 8/24/17. If it's true that they are planning an update to make it more like the the desktop version that would be awesome! My request... please add puffy clouds!

I just hope it's true that they will keep updating the iOS version.

Just thought I'd chime in with my two cents about running this sim on a 12.9" iPad Pro. It is truly outstanding!

• I just got a 10.5 pro and the views in Switzerland are really brilliant, as long as you don't go near a border. My old mini 2 only updated high resolution scenery a mile or two from the plane, the 10.5 pro is sharp to the horizon.

It hadn't occurred to me to play video during Aerofly, were you going across the Atlantic?

I used to tune the (long and medium wave) ADF receiver into commercial radio stations to get the news, AM radio isn't much good for music. I turned it down before talking to ATC!

• The only videos I've tested playing with picture-in-picture while flying in AFS 2 are YouTube videos and also watching TV through the " Xfinity Stream TV" app, but of course you need to have a Comcast TV account for that.

I listen to Internet radio using the "Tune-in" app but unfortunately it gets disabled when switching to AFS 2. It will play in the background while using some apps and not others and AFS 2 happens to be one that it won't work with. If anyone knows of an Internet radio app that can play in the background within AFS 2 please post it here.

• Are you watching YouTube PIP via Safari and one of the extension apps to force PIP?

For PIP I use an app called "CornerTube" found in the App Store. I don't think it uses Safari as I tried it with Safari open and it didn't add a new tab in Safari. I think it's just its own thing like the original YouTube app (which I don't use).