New military airport in work in Hawaii. Fully operational on first cut, but will be improved over time.

• Send them, I'll check what's already there and will create stuff for whomever wants to import (AC3D) and place them.

I have picts of the old tower (on top of the building), so that part should be fine.

This is typically the kind of picts I need, some kind of ground reference, hi def (anything less than 1Mb is useless, especially for aerial picts like this) so I have detail and can zoom on every building, and if there are multiples from different angles (like S and N), even better then I can get all the textures and details.

• Send them, I'll check what's already there and will create stuff for whomever wants to import (AC3D) and place them.

I have picts of the old tower (on top of the building), so that part should be fine.

This is typically the kind of picts I need, some kind of ground reference, hi def (anything less than 1Mb is useless, especially for aerial picts like this) so I have detail and can zoom on every building, and if there are multiples from different angles (like S and N), even better then I can get all the textures and details.

Most excellent Michael. I will put a zip package together for you. I noticed there are several large storage tanks on the airport grounds. Those are usually good objects to add to most any airport or scenery area.

Even though we don't have the hill adjacent to the airport, it would be nice to figure out how to add the radar dome on top of that hill. It is the highest point in the valley and looks to be a duplicate dome of the one you just completed for Ford Island, without the base and heliport.

Regards,

Ray

• Send them, I'll check what's already there and will create stuff for whomever wants to import

to all,

yet required:

handplaced palm and pine trees (quality and real local vegetation style only, no fantasy stuff),

golf courses,

residential areas on approach pattern (opposite side of laguna),

main gate (base entrance from highway to Honolulu),

Boats in the Laguna and landing stages around the peninsula,

Roads (at least main road from Honolulu),

Cars, lots of Cars on Parking lots,

Tarmac and Taxiways,

Bushes and Grass seaming the terrain,

ground personnel.

anyone?

and:

anyone finally adding a terrain mesh (1 meter at least)?

• what am i missing? this is how it looks:

It seems that you're missing a better resolution area at Kanehoe Bay, and still using the default AFS2 resolution. You should use geoconvert to set an area of the whole Oahu Island or part of it, covering at least the complete Kaneohe Bay and surroundings with high-level resolution, that really is a lot better than the default.

Cheers, Ed

• add ospreys, cobras, hercules, globemasters, pls

A couple of Ospreys are on the ramp from day one. C-130s can be added, thought they were already included.

Regards,

Ray

• what am i missing? this is how it looks:

Looks like you are missing the basic Oahu scenery for the area that we make with GeoCrunch. Minimum download level 3 for the general area and dl level 1 for the immediate area seems to work fine for me.

Maybe someone needs to upload this underlying scenery to make this a full package.

Regards,

Ray

• All this this would make an outstanding add on but, I'm afraid it would have to be a professional level add on from someone like Orbx. Maybe after IPACS and Rodeo get the next level scenery builder online and a good tutorial or two, we can all pitch in with our individual specialties and start chipping away at your list. I have most of the photos to get us started.

A professional photographer has some excellent views of Kaneohe at super high def resolution but he is in the business to make money off his work. I have been considering asking him for some free copies to assist in the expansion of Dave's work.

For now, I think we could get more bang for the buck by adding a few more buildings, adding the large storage tanks, and the generally easier stuff. Then we could move on to Ford Island and Pearl City, then on to where ever.

We must not forget that all of this was handed to us totally free and without any strings attached by Dave W., so let's remember to give credit where credit is due. Michael is working on a totally new Ford Island and more so shortly we can expand our flight pattern and fly on both sides of the island.

I'm hoping someone with the necessary skills will step in and clean up the water masking and blending all around the island. Mine is real choppy on the edges.

Regards,

Ray

• Well I can do building and structures fairly easily from pictures.

Vegetation, no interest for me, and if I did there would be way too many poly probably, so generic trees from FS2 should be OK

Golf courses, I pass, not much structure there, I don't know what you expect, the flags? A good aerial photo should be really close enough no? I mean if there is a prominent building like the club house and it's distinctive yes why not.

Cars, we should have a few generic and basic cars (and trucks and buses), if we don't have them I can create a set when I have some time.

Boats, we have a few ships, I wanted to create some basic boats around Ford Island, I may get to it.

Personnel, not me.

In general there is a level of detail that is too much I think. I know the engine seems to be good at displaying a lot of polys, but if we populate cities with cars, flag poles, etc.. and people all over, it seems to me that it's a lot of polys (and work to place them) for things that are barely noticeable on fly overs. Cars and truck, yes, but until they move, it's kind of meh.

Now on airports it may be different, personally not my thing but sure.

Personally I'd rather focus on a fully equipped and manned aircraft carrier (with moving deck handlers planes and equipment)

• A professional photographer has some excellent views of Kaneohe at super high def resolution but he is in the business to make money off his work. I have been considering asking him for some free copies to assist in the expansion of Dave's work.

For now, I think we could get more bang for the buck by adding a few more buildings, adding the large storage tanks, and the generally easier stuff. Then we could move on to Ford Island and Pearl City, then on to where ever.

If they have picts with a watermark which sometimes they do, as long as it's high def it's workable for me. I may have to fiddle with some texture but it's fine.

Do you have AC3D to convert stuff to Ipacs format? I can send you the Collada files which are supposed to convert. Right now that's the step I'm missing. I can create 3D buildings with texture, and export them (sketchup or Collada or DXF (but that one has no texture I believe).

Then AC3D is supposed to import them, convert them to ac format, and then they can be placed.

Dave knows how to do it, even though we haven't fully tried the workflow yet, but he's busy. At some point I may be able to do the whole chain, but I'm busy too and don't have all the elements yet.

The other thing is like for Ford Island is it better for me to export the whole island with stuff placed on it, or to export individual buildings and features to be placed later, I don't know.

Michael

• Here is a more appropriate tower tower3.zip and I moved the radar to the hill

The TSC file changes are as follows:

<[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][2]

<[string8][type][object]>

<[string8][geometry][tower3]>

<[vector3_float64][position][-157.772663 21.444572 3]>

<[float64][orientation][-90]>

>

<[string8][geometry][Tower3]>

<[vector3_float64][position][ -157.763770 21.448299 1.5]>

<[float64][orientation][-235]>

>

<[string8][geometry][radar]>

<[vector3_float64][position][ -157.756729 21.448138 45]>

<[float64][orientation][-90]>

>

• Guys, this little project is coming along nicely. It's nice to see a group of users working together to make a particular scenery.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff