New military airport in work in Hawaii. Fully operational on first cut, but will be improved over time.

• Seems that link is missing in Post #36.

Cheers, Ed

just showing a P3 on final from surface level of the laguna site. it does display on my screen, but you won't miss a lot Ed.

Dave, the carrier seems a bit displaced aside the helicopter base. The laguna is not deep enough, a carrier would strand half a mile before entering it.

It should park somewhere offshore at the extension of Rwy04, half a mile at least.

• OK. I downloaded Dave W,'s USS Iowa from our IPACS download section and modified the tsc file with the following. Thanks Dave, thank Michael.

Regards,

Ray

• just showing a P3 on final from surface level of the laguna site. it does display on my screen, but you won't miss a lot Ed.

Dave, the carrier seems a bit displaced aside the helicopter base. The laguna is not deep enough, a carrier would strand half a mile before entering it.

It should park somewhere offshore at the extension of Rwy04, half a mile at least.

I placed the carrier at this spot. It works just fine for flight sims. The Marine Color Guard goes out every evening at the base of the gangplank and salutes the brave men and women of all the military services (simulated, of course). ;)

Regards,

Ray

• Ray, Dave

I'll trade you 3D buildings for the geo file. My plan: Arizona memorial, radar dome on platform, maybe control tower if needed, other buildings.

I'll be very busy in the next few weeks (LA fleet week, then out of town) but I'll work on it for sure.

MIchael

Michael,

Good deal. Check your email for some downloads and links.

Regards,

Ray

• how do Ed's and Dave's downloads go together now?

Dave scenery is working well with my geoconverted area of Oahu, so they seem to go very well together.

I've modified a bit the Dave's TSC file for PHNG to: 1. Add five parking spots (Dave's original had none), 2. A different lightning scheme for RWY 04, which another user informed is the main runway used for takeoffs and landings, 3. The correct location and estimated elevation of the newest and tallest CT, and 4. The other parking places suggested by Ray.

Here's the modified TSC file (name is nas_kaneohe.tsc from Dave's download, and it's suggested to make a backup before editing, just in case):

<[file][][]

<[tmsimulator_scenery_place][][]

<[string8][type][airport]>

<[string8][sname][MCAS Kaneohe Bay]>

<[string8][lname][Marine Corps Air Station Kaneohe Bay]>

<[string8][icao][PHNG]>

<[string8][country][USA]>

<[string8][coordinate_system][lonlat]>

<[vector2_float64][position][-157.757549285889 21.4572751522064]>

<[float64][height][0]>

<[float64][size][5000]>

<[vector2_float64][tower_position][-157.7638784 21.4483556]>

<[float64][tower_height][55]>

<[bool][autoheight][false]>

<[string8][lights][]>

<[list_tmsimulator_runway][runways][]

<[tmsimulator_runway][element][0]

<[vector2_float64][endpoint1][-157.759033 21.457074]>

<[vector2_float64][endpoint2][-157.776868 21.443866]>

<[vector2_float64][threshold1][-157.759033 21.457074]>

<[vector2_float64][threshold2][-157.776868 21.443866]>

<[float64][width][60]>

<[string8][name1][22]>

<[string8][name2][04]>

<[string8][appltsys1][std]>

<[string8][appltsys2][malsf]>

<[string8][papi1][left]>

<[string8][papi2][left]>

<[string8][reil1][reil_uni]>

<[string8][reil2][reil_uni]>

>

>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object][objects][]

<[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][]

<[string8][type][ground]>

<[string8][geometry][ground]>

<[vector3_float64][position][-157.757549285889 21.4572751522064 3]>

<[float64][orientation][-90]>

>

<[string8][type][object]>

<[string8][geometry][NAS_Kaneohe]>

>

<[string8][type][decal]>

<[string8][geometry][decal_rwy_04-22]>

>

<[string8][geometry][nimitz_midspot]>

<[vector3_float64][position][-157.768843 21.440844 -0.2]>

<[float64][orientation][-30]>

>

<[string8][geometry][ground_fleet]>

<[vector3_float64][position][-157.713759 21.439553 1]>

>

<[string8][geometry][nimitz-total_ships]>

<[vector3_float64][position][-157.713759 21.439553 -7]>

>

<[string8][type][decal]>

<[string8][geometry][nimitz-total_wakes]>

<[vector3_float64][position][-157.713759 21.439553 1]>

>

>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object_animated][objects_animated][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_startposition][start_positions][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_parking_position][parking_positions][]

<[tmsimulator_parking_position][element][0]

<[tmvector2d][position][-157.7722040 21.4451910]>

<[float64][heading][330.00]>

<[string8][name][Parking Position #1]>

>

<[tmsimulator_parking_position][element][1]

<[vector2_float64][position][-157.7685964 21.4462202]>

<[float64][heading][310]>

<[string8][name][Parking Position #2]>

>

<[tmsimulator_parking_position][element][2]

<[vector2_float64][position][-157.7691650 21.4431845]>

<[float64][heading][120]>

<[string8][name][Parking Position #3]>

>

<[tmsimulator_parking_position][element][3]

<[vector2_float64][position][-157.7775979 21.4467195]>

<[float64][heading][130]>

<[string8][name][Parking Position #4]>

>

<[tmsimulator_parking_position][element][4]

<[vector2_float64][position][-157.7664185 21.4488556]>

<[float64][heading][290]>

<[string8][name][Parking Position #5]>

>

>

<[list_tmsimulator_view_position][view_positions][]

>

>

>

Hopefully Dave will have the time to continue improving his already excellent work!.

Cheers, Ed

• Edward,

Have you added the new control tower?

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray, please remember that the TSC file is just to set the position of the airport, runways, objects, and CT of course, but is not dealing with the modeling itself. In Dave's work, that includes the most difficult part, that's the modeling of the objects, the CT is located to the other side of the hangar (or building) on which the old CT was situated (to the other corner). He should re-locate that CT to the current position (considering as current the location of the newest and tallest one, according to your pictures) in a future update of his work. I don't really know if in Aerofly's TSC files you're allowed to set two different coordinates for two CTs (or more).

In the TSC file of my previous post, the "tower positioning" corresponds to the real coordinates of the newest and tallest CT found at PHNG. The effect of this is that, from CT view (ciclying in external views), your aircraft should be correctly shown as seen from that CT.

Cheers, Ed

• Hi Ray, please remember that the TSC file is just to set the position of the airport, runways, objects, and CT of course, but . . . .

In the TSC file of my previous post, the "tower positioning" corresponds to the real coordinates of the newest and tallest CT found at PHNG. The effect of this is that, from CT view (ciclying in external views), your aircraft should be correctly shown as seen from that CT.

Cheers, Ed

Sure, I understand. It just sounded like you had added a new control tower.

Regards,

Ray

• To all who are enjoying the MCAS Kane Ohe airport,

From your comments, I decided to generate a "patch" that removes the radar and tower from the overall airport model and then provide the TMBs for the radar and tower as separate binary objects (as well as the replacement NAS_Kaneohe TMB). I have included a TXT file that has the example (you can then change the lon-lat-altitude values) additional lines for the TSC file. Almdudler wanted a CH-53 so I included that as well. Obviously, since you can edit the lon-lat for the Carrier ( nimitz_midspot ) and the Carrier Task Force ( nimitz-total_ships, nimitz-total_wakes, ground_fleet) , you already could move them wherever.

The Onedrive link is as follows:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah-GN1pAHAEHiQ35GtzAACGLT-u9

Also, if you are really brave, you could download my Generic Airport Objects and add some more aircraft or buildings - just get the TMBs and TTX files from the Places subfolders and add more objects to the TSC file. Getting the position and orientation is the challenge.

• OK I'm doing all of Ford Island in 3D, except the Missouri we already have. That includes SBX

Michael,

I have a package of Ford Island photos for you. Coming to your email.

Regards,

Ray

• OK I'm doing all of Ford Island in 3D, except the Missouri we already have. That includes SBX

Hey Gang,

I just received an email with the code to create the USS Arizona memorial as a 3d object in AF2. So now I have the USS Arizona memorial, the USS Missouri Look alike (USS Iowa) and the USS Carl Vinson look alike (Nimitz) all in the vicinity of Ford Island.

Thanks to our super coder, Dave W. for all of this. Now I have to see what he included in the update to Kaneohe NAS posted above. Hmm, I was perfectly happy with it as it came out of the box.

Regards,

Ray

• Latest Patch for airport. BUFC (Big Ugly Fat Chopper), new taller tower relocated to corner of Hangar one. Relocated radar tower/antenna. Now, I need to see if I can add a second tower in the middle of the field.

Thanks Dave W. :)

Regards,

Ray

• Ray, is it possible to have a smaller one where it was the original one at the corner of the hangar?.

Cheers, Ed

I'm sure it is, however, it will take someone like Dave W. or Rodeo to make the necessary files.

Regards,

Ray