New military airport in work in Hawaii. Fully operational on first cut, but will be improved over time.

• Michael,

The problem with the commercial photos is that he has 5200 x 3454 resolution available but only 1000 x 664 is freely available.

Either Dave or Rodeo will need to make the conversion. I can't do it yet. I would guess it might be better to make Ford Island all one export, maybe with the exception of the radar dome - so it can be replicated to other places. Maybe Dave will weigh in on this for his opinion.

Regards,

Ray

• Here is a more appropriate tower tower3.zip and I moved the radar to the hill

Very nice additions, Dave. This little project just keep growing and growing. You gotta love it.

Regards,

Ray

• what a busy place, you guys will set a benchmark for user power, ipacs will recognize that and involve you more, backstage.

2 things i would like to mention:

use KBay as test bed. Pack as many objects into it as you can. Lets find ipacs' edge, trigger the limits. No scare.

Second: as some of you have owned products like FSX, you will find all required 3D models floating around on the web.

just a matter of converting data formats i guess.

knock on those legacies' modellers' doors and suck 'em into the world of aerofly. Wake them up.

• I made a Microsoft Word DOC file of the steps for using Model Converter X (fsdeveloper.com) and AC3D (invis.com - $89) to convert a model to FS2. If you are interested in making scenery, you need to be able to use these toolsets. Another Tool of interest is called DxtBmp which can convert from DDS (after a "flip image") to BMP 24-bit for FSX models.

Link to the conversion steps :

https://1drv.ms/w/s!Ah-GN1pAHAEHiQ_-ZEmHWMqQyqpB

• OK I finally figured out how to get it. Phew it's not obvious.

Anyway you can use the same radar at Pt Mugu here, there are a few of them and an open antenna (I can make if you want).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Poi…4!4d-119.060935

Here is another spot in LA with two of them:

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.74564…m/data=!3m1!1e3

• ussiowa,

The SBX model that you sent and I used for the writeup unfortunately has some bad polys in that some seem to not be facing "outward" which is required for FS2. I've seen this problem before (in FS2, the polys are invisible even though they look fine in AC3D) with other models from the Google Warehouse - also in DAE format. Not sure how to solve the problem easily.

• Hi guys,

is it ok for you, if I jump into your project?

With OSM data and aerofly cultivation I can contribute a housing area, street lights, taxiway lighting and a tower blinking light.

As soon as IPACS declassifies cultivation I will publish it.

It is just hold back for another short time, to determine whether more parameters will be included.

Rodeo

1. Wake up call in the housing area.

2. Let's get airborne.

3. Tower, Rodeo requesting low pass

4. Morning mist in the Kaneohe Bay.

• is it ok for you, if I jump into your project?

With OSM data and aerofly cultivation I can contribute a housing area, street lights, taxiway lighting and a tower blinking light.

Yes, you can jump in!. Thanks!.

And..., by the way, would it be possible an improved elevation model (or mesh) for the Hawaii Islands?.

Cheers, Ed

• Wow, wow, and super wow. That new night lighting is going to be another one of those fantastic leaps to another level by Rodeo. Cultivation is a new word for me when discussing flight sims but, it has a ton of promise. Thanks Rodeo, I am waiting for the big news that it is commonly available (with a tutorial, of course).

Regards,

Ray

• I need some advice on what Runway Lighting I should include with my newly created airports for the NAV GUI. I have about 50 or more regional and large airports in Texas and the Southeast USA. I did not add any lighting information but, now I have the time to go back and edit the tsc files.

Is there a typical group of lighting that should be included for each runway? I realize that the actual lighting systems available in the real world can be found at the AirNav.com and similar web sites.

I have the excellent "Runway Lighting Tutorial" by Rodeo, but I need to know how much or how little to include in the tsc files.

I am just looking for what is expected by the users if these airport tsc files were available for download. I suppose a good start would be to use Honolulu Intl and Rogers AFB as a guide for my major airports and see what lighting they have in common and compare that to what Rodeo included in his Hawaiian airports package.

btw, if you haven't been flying around Oahu at night with the new airports with the night lighting included you are really missing something unique. I tend to want to only fly at night now. Thanks Rodeo,

Regards,

Ray

• Update.

While we wait for the new Cultivation program and scenery object library and all that other good stuff, I have some good news for those the tend to favor flying AF2 in Hawaii.

This is nowhere near a completed project, but it is certainly fun to fly into, out of, and around the area of Kaneohe Bay on Oahu. As most of you know Dave W. did his magic and basically created a new airport at the site of the Marine Base at Kaneohe Bay with his full package of goodies. We call it NAS Kaneohe. We have been adding aircraft, buildings, hangars, and control towers in addition to adding the large radar up on the hill.

One of our problems was a big white cloud (on the ground) in the FSET Hawaii scenery. USGS does not have any free1m scenery for Hawaii, but guess what, they do have plenty of near excellent 1 foot scenery that is totally free for everyone as long as you say it came from the USGS. What a deal. It is just a little complicated to generate due to the number of tiles involved and the need for individual tfw files for every tile. yuck.

I decided to try a test using 4 tiles to see if I could mix USGS and FSET to see what is under the cloud. We want to use the not yet released Cultivator program and objects library to populate the rest of the base. The cloud was a big road block.

So. in a matter of hours, our friend Rodeo replies with the "how to" attachment for me and the completed calculations (to 12 places) to make the individual tfw files for each tile. Naturally, it works like a charm, just tedious as heck.

Now that I see it can be done, I am considering taking on 15 or maybe even 24 tiles to remake the bay in USGS. This would be totally free from USGS and we can avoid the complications of uploading and downloading potentially copyrighted images.

You can see what is available in my attachments. Check out the thumbnails of the USGS scenery available for the bay.

Another big thanks to Rodeo, Jeff and IPACS.

Regards,

Ray

The problem cloud in FSET VE

The same area using USGS images for scenery generation (thanks USGS)

More screenshots. This is just a test, so the mis matched match lines are to be expected.