New military airport in work in Hawaii. Fully operational on first cut, but will be improved over time.

• Heck, if it was easy I would do it myself. All that is important is that it appears to be elevated in places as we fly over the area, mostly on 4 mile approaches to runway 4. Rodeo says he will try to add lights at a later date.

Regards,

Ray

• Ray,

My image (FSET Service 1 or 2 at 0.25mpp but rescaled to 4096x4096) lays on top of anything you guys do - but it should match color wise and registration (location) pretty well.

Dave

OK good. My attempts at building a larger area using the USGS 1 foot tiles is getting bogged down. I have a few tiles either with errors or out of place or something.

To many football games to watch and I forget where I was in the process. Using USGS 1 foot stuff could never be considered straight forward by anyone that I know. Way too much downloading, copying, converting, calculating, renaming, saving, moving around, etc.

Regards,

Ray

• Just a quick note to Michael (USSIowa) about the length of pillars for an elevated bridge over unknown elevations, the standard solution is to make building foundations drop down several times deeper than real and just let the bottom penetrate the virtual earth to a large extent. The same would be done for the highway pillars - just make them a few times longer than real life.

Dave W.

• OK I think I've found enough data and a good idea of how I can attempt to make it. We should have the H3 sometimes in the near future.

:)

What a wonderful bunch of folks. Thanks everyone.

Regards,

Ray

• I took a crack at removing the cloud and shadow at the edge of the Kaneohe airport area. Remember, I am not really good at anything of importance, but, here is my effort using an old version of a photo editing program named ACDsee Photo Editor.

I snapped a screenshot from AF2, cut out the cloud and shadow, added scenery for the hole from USGS scenery that was processed by GeoConverter and finally did some crude color matching.

I might try to run this through the GeoCrunch and see what comes out. The problem is this is low resolution and I really need to try it using the unproessed tiles and then use GeoConverter to make AF2 scenery. I am going to wait for the next update though and see if the black and fuzzy area get fixed.

Regards,

Ray

• Well, I am able to actually make a difference with blending the USGS tiles with the FSET images. The match lines aren't perfect but now that I know I can edit the colors a bit there is hope for the future.

Regards,

Ray

• I spent a couple of hours installing 6 USGS tiles as a test for getting rid of the clouds on the mountains. 6 USGS tiles does not cover very much area and 1 ft/pixel. I washed the tif files with my Photo Editor color corrector so the colors are fairly close but the match lines need some adjustment.

I think this method is way to time consuming for such minimal results.

Regards,

Ray

This is the FSET plain vanilla scenery. Start of the canned approach to rwy 4 at Kaneohe Bay.

and this is almost the same spot with the USGS tiles replacing the FSET scenery.