Sound of the big airliners

• Hi there!

I love it to fly the A320 and B747 in Aerofly FS 2, but I am not able to like the sound of both planes... Compared to the little planes the A320 and B747 sound like.... I got nothing to compare, but I absolutely dont like the sounds. In the Q400 it sounds very good, but the engines in the A320 and 747 dont sound real in any way... :( So the only thing I would like to have for more realism is the sound! I would even be happy if you did take the sound of an accelerating washing machine as the sound of an accelerating A320! :D I would even pay for a sound pack! ;)

• I suspect at some point Aerofly will have to do a complete sound rework. Even now, In vr as you turn your head left to right outside of the plane, the sound cuts off from one side to the other, making you feel as if you are intermittently going deaf. :/

Then there are the callouts.

I suspect it's not on the top of the list of things-to-do, however.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

Edited 2 times, last by HiFlyer (August 29, 2017 at 7:31 PM).

• I hear you guys, fully agreed with the sounds. A320 doen't sound like the real aircraft at all. This is something I plan to work on as well but I don't have the experience needed with sound files. But I just recorded my passenger flight in the A320 last friday and the audio quality was really good. People talking though, may only work as cabin noise or reference. But they are probably a great reference.

I plan to add switch noises for all switches an buttons, the detent sounds and sounds for the levers, braking sound... clonk clonk (brake bressure applied) bbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (wheels spin down), clonk (brake pressure off).... proper engine start sound for later, etc, etc.

• In the cockpit you don't hear a clonk (btw the famous barking dog also can't be heard in the cockpit IRL), the bbrrrrrrrr also only happens if the wheels are unbalanced.

I'd rather have an A320 in really good shape ;)

I have seen a video where you can hear the PTU in the cockpit (bleeds off) but typically its too quiet, yes