Google Drive to share scenery images

• Google Drive to share scenery images 10

1. Yes (9) 90%
    2. No (1) 10%
    3. Maybe (0) 0%

If I shared a link to a google drive location for everyone, would you be interested in uploading your scenery images to share?

I currently have Illinois mapped out, it took a few days and can share it as well.

If you are interested I would have a terabit available, so we would want to ZIP or RAR them to conserve space.

• They get converted into True Type Fonts after all of the processing and we are not selling anything.

Please let me know if this is unacceptable or an issue, I don't see any?

• They get converted into True Type Fonts after all of the processing and we are not selling anything.

Please let me know if this is unacceptable or an issue, I don't see any?

If you are doing this privately and on your own private server, and follow our guidelines for sharing content licensed by IPACS then you assume any risks associated with copyright laws related to aerial imagery and its origin. I don't see any problem with this, but that may change if something comes up.

Nothing can be shared for any type of profit, and please respect our rules regarding the use of our tools.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks Jeff,

I don't mind sharing the drive space, I looked in to licensed and copyright but i don't see an issue, if you feel there is any risk let me know and I'll take it down?

I just wanted to share a place to avoid people having to render out the same areas over and over again.

• Thanks Jeff,

I don't mind sharing the drive space, I looked in to licensed and copyright but i don't see an issue, if you feel there is any risk let me know and I'll take it down?

I just wanted to share a place to avoid people having to render out the same areas over and over again.

Here is the legal opinion for the use of FSET imagery that I derived from USA law, but we still have some reservations regarding the sharing of the sceneries on our own servers, and i'm not to sure if that will change in time or not.

Disclaimer:

The references made by this tutorial and any other reference to the application FS Earth Tiles (FSET) is in no direct affiliation to IPACS. IPACS and its affiliates are not responsible for which application is used to obtain aerial imagery. FSET is an independent application which may contain copyrighted imagery and/or data, therefore it is the users responsibility to adhere to the copyright of such data. IPACS does not condone nor disapprove the use of FSET for personal use. FSET shall not be used for scenery packages of personal gain or profit, and shall only be used for non transferable use for the purpose of creating scenery for Aerofly FS2 Flight Simulator.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Great that seems reasonable, since it seems I am legally in my rights to obtain the images for personal usage, and I may share the content as long as I don't personal gain or make a profit from them.

If that is true I am good with that, I do not intend to sell anything and I am a hobbies playing with simulators. If me possessing the files could cause copyright infringement or any legal issue, then no I do not want to do anything illegal.

Let me know to the best of your knowledge if I this is legal and I will keep it up otherwise I will take it down.

• With this all said, we will not be able to allow for you to host or link to any content that violates copyright laws. Due to some question of this related to imagery derived from FSET we don't think that you should proceed with this through our forums. We aren't stating that you can't do whatever you wish on your own private websites and/or servers, we just can't run the risk of allowing this further from this forum.

Regards,

Jeff

• Had no idea on the copyright problems.

That's a shame and it's silly that aerial maps can't be share.

Hopefully Aerofly will provide higher detailed maps in the feature.

Thank you for the info and time explaining the situation.