• I will run a job and provide specific instructions and directive on the process, I will then have anyone having problems try the job the same exact way to see what happens.

I've never seen any kind of issue yet (and I've run some very big jobs); no crashing, no graphical anomalies, etc. I do not use the 'helper' and I calculate the corners in a very specific way and manually write them into the file using only 2 decimal points (not the entire coordinate). There should intentionally be a blurred out frame around the geoconverted area as it's how we blended the custom imagery with the default (or adjoining) scenery. If the scenery that you make is big enough then this border shouldn't be a problem anyway ( I could barely see it) .

I'm not saying that users aren't having problems with this, all i'm saying is that i can't seem to find any problems at all on my end.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Then you have eliminated that factor.

See, I asked a brilliant question!;)

Your questions are always brilliant :)

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I also do everything exactly for wiki-tutorial without HELPER. I'm trying to make that Whidbey island, that in wiki. And I get black areas, areas with very poor resolution, although the source of the FSET is taken from Resolution = 1. The biggest problem is combining successive GeoConvert starts into one scenery area. Too many tiles with the same names that need to be checked and removed. There is a feeling that the tool is not yet debugged properly.

• I also do everything exactly for wiki-tutorial without HELPER. I'm trying to make that Whidbey island, that in wiki. And I get black areas, areas with very poor resolution, although the source of the FSET is taken from Resolution = 1. The biggest problem is combining successive GeoConvert starts into one scenery area. Too many tiles with the same names that need to be checked and removed. There is a feeling that the tool is not yet debugged properly.

To combine areas, just treat each area as its own. Meaning, make an area and place all of the resulting files (after geoconvert) into a folder called for example: 'maryland zone1', then make another area and place all contents into a folder called; 'maryland zone2' etc.

In FSET, you can select new areas using corners, this will allow for you to line everything up perfectly.

Regards,

Jeff

• There will be many tiles with absolutely same names in the scenery/images with different file-masks with same names both, ----- R E A L L Y ???

This radically changes the whole approach to the process. How to believe what is written in wiki?

I'm really not understanding what you are saying then here.

The wiki is correct.

1) run FSET to capture your aerial images (bmp) and inf files

2) run the inf2tfw application to convert the inf files into tfw format

3) place the resulting files into the 'input_aerial_images' folder

4) build your tmc and run the geoconverter

5) take the resulting files from the geoconvert process and place those files into a folder (anything you want to name it) and place that folder into the documents\scenery\images folder

If you do the above for other adjacent areas, just make a new folder for those files.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thank you very much, Jeff!!! I understood the result of the conversion so that it does not already have files with the same names in principle. Everything becomes much easier...

It will, otherwise you will have a lot of files overwritten.

Separating each area into separate folders will avoid this and also clean things up a bit.

Regards,

Jeff

• Just to duck back into the conversation, let me be as clear as possible about what happens to me. The black areas appear around the edges of my created scenery where it is overlaying areas of default scenery. It is NOT inside the center of the new areas which also, of course, is overlaying default scenery, but only on the edges where the new scenery is overlaying default scenery. It doesn't do this everywhere that the edge of the new created scenery is found, only in select areas. It is NOT present where new scenery butts against or covers other newly created scenery. That is where I get a strip of very low resolution scenery, and I can live with that.

The problem seems to me to be a conflict between the new scenery's edges and the existing default scenery. So, if you created a huge scenery area and only flew near the center, you would likely never notice it. As an example, I created an area that spans from just west of Pittsburg to the edge of the decent default scenery east of Chicago, stretching about two degrees in latitude. The black areas occur over the great lakes, and interestingly show up as white when they are over water.

I also created a single scenery from east of Innsbruck to Vienna. This time the black area shows up where the scenery ends just east of Vienna.

Now, just to confuse things, I created an area from Boston to where the NEUSA DLC stops providing crisp ground scenery, just east of Hartford. That area produced no black areas that I have found.

So it's clear as mud! I have no idea why some areas do this and others don't, but this is as detailed a description as I can give you of what is happening.

• Just to duck back into the conversation, let me be as clear as possible about what happens to me. The black areas appear around the edges of my created scenery where it is overlaying areas of default scenery. It is NOT inside the center of the new areas which also, of course, is overlaying default scenery, but only on the edges where the new scenery is overlaying default scenery. It doesn't do this everywhere that the edge of the new created scenery is found, only in select areas. It is NOT present where new scenery butts against or covers other newly created scenery. That is where I get a strip of very low resolution scenery, and I can live with that.

The problem seems to me to be a conflict between the new scenery's edges and the existing default scenery. So, if you created a huge scenery area and only flew near the center, you would likely never notice it. As an example, I created an area that spans from just west of Pittsburg to the edge of the decent default scenery east of Chicago, stretching about two degrees in latitude. The black areas occur over the great lakes, and interestingly show up as white when they are over water.

I also created a single scenery from east of Innsbruck to Vienna. This time the black area shows up where the scenery ends just east of Vienna.

Now, just to confuse things, I created an area from Boston to where the NEUSA DLC stops providing crisp ground scenery, just east of Hartford. That area produced no black areas that I have found.

So it's clear as mud! I have no idea why some areas do this and others don't, but this is as detailed a description as I can give you of what is happening.

Thank you for this description, it will help us a lot in diagnosing this issue.

Regards,

Jeff

• This is absolutely baffling. I have not even been able to get this to happen even on purpose. It almost seems as if they aren't loading or something.

I do however notice that at times the moving map in the Cessna takes some time to load some geoconverted area but I never even see draw in the distance.

So far, I've tested sceneries that I made that are around 50 x 40 nm and fully from a -1 (0.25m) capture and levels 9-15 converted and I have no problems at all.

These are tested in VR (Oculus) on an i7 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080ti GPU, 32Gb W10 system. But I've also run the same sceneries on a laptop in 2D (i7, and 980GTX), and another desktop in 2D with an AMD GPU. I can't get this to happen at all.

I'll keep digging here and discuss it with Torsten and Karl-Heinz as well. Maybe they found something causing this that i'm missing.

Regards,

Jeff