Content Converter Question - nontextured surfaces

• I am converting a lot of static aircraft from AC3D models to FS2 and I have found that any surfaces that are non-textured (like aircraft canopy glass) and that just have a material, look fine in AC3D but have rendering issues in FS2 - they change color all of a sudden depending on the viewing angle (and maybe time of day). The material that I set in the AC3D modeler is set without transparency or shininess and no ambient or specular - but I'm not really sure that FS2 rendering looks at my material anyway (hard to tell).

Any ideas?

THanks

Dave W.

• Dave,

all surfaces need to be textured, we do not support plain colored surfaces. So far, no other material attributes are exported or used besides textures.

So far there was really no point in using non textures surfaces.

• Thanks for the response - I was thinking maybe that was the case. It sure would be nice if you could just supply a generic u,v of 0,0 and a default white texture for any vertex that doesn't have any u,v so at least these models wouldn't act so strangely - it will be a lot of work to texture so many models without a texture - I imagine that for most, they were trying to do a semi-transparent material ( airplane canopy).

Thanks