I keep coming back to AFS2 wearing that low res oculus

• Dear flight friends,

In Jan this year I bought myself an Oculus Rift for flightsims. I have Fsx, p3d, xplane 10 and 11, DCS both versions, and AFS2.

At first I was amazed by the immersion and just did not want to take the rift of my head. After 7 months of playing and trying a lot of things, settings, tweaking etc I find myself coming back to AFS2 every time to wash away the mediocre experience trying to read the gauges in other sims. The framerates just are killing the experience for me. Despite the fact that AFS2 feels the most empty and lonely experience I am still smiling just sitting in the dash 8 every time.

If only there were a helicopter......

Thumbs up for such an awesome sim. It can only get better from here.

Jozef

• I didnt know about FS2 when i first got my rift. I dealt with the crappy framerates, old graphic engines and expense of trying to get XP or FSX/p3d to be a reasonable experience..

Then i tried fs2... and it all changed, hands down the best VR flightsim available at the moment.

I am curious how XP11 with Vulkan will do with VR when they get that going... XP with flyinside was pretty much unbearable.

• After 7 months of playing and trying a lot of things, settings, tweaking etc I find myself coming back to AFS2 every time to wash away the mediocre experience trying to read the gauges in other sims.

I know that feeling. I've tried to like x-plane 11 and P3Dv4 but the immersion in Aerofly FS2 (even without VR) is so great that it's still the only sim I really enjoy to fly as it captures the experience of flying the most. Despite its early development stage.

• Well, I was talking about VR and AFS2. XP10 and 11 are amazing in my opinion and P3d is also great stuff in 2d. What I truely hate about xp10 and p3d however is setting up the controls. AFS2 is intuitive and setting up controls takes about 5 mins. I have literally spent hours in p3d and fsx setting up controls. Every time I started up the sims the controls were a bit different and tweaking was needed....grrr..

Flyinside looked promising but xp looks terrible and stuttery. P3d and flyinside was better looking but was very unstable and crashed within 10 mins...fatal error etc..

Afs2 looks amazing in vr, has great fps and ..... Is very stable. I bought afs2 more than a year ago and it NEVER crashed!

Immersion is not only the graphics but is also effected by the chance of crashing software. It is hard to really "be" in that airplane when you know you will have a fatal error within 5 mins😋

Jozef