FSWidgets App Updates

• Hi everyone,

Hope its OK to post this here, we just wanted to alert any Aerofly FS 2 pilots who also use FSWidgets apps that we have just released a significant update.

We have added 21 new aero charts, many for the EU region:

• US VFR Wall Planner
    • US IFR Planning Chart
    • Alaska Enroute Low
    • Alaska Enroute High
    • Europe TPC
    • New Zealand TPC
    • Spain Enroute Low
    • Belgium Aero OFM
    • Netherlands Aero OFM
    • Denmark Aero OFM
    • Sweden Aero OFM
    • Germany Aero OFM
    • Switzerland Aero OFM
    • Austria Aero OFM
    • Poland Aero OFM
    • Czech Republic Aero OFM
    • Hungary Aero OFM
    • Slovenia Aero OFM
    • Croatia Aero OFM
    • Romania Aero OFM
    • Bulgaria Aero OFM

This is a free update, full details are on the FSWidgets News page.

• Hi everyone,

Hope its OK to post this here, we just wanted to alert any Aerofly FS 2 pilots who also use FSWidgets apps that we have just released a significant update.

We have added 21 new aero charts, many for the EU region

This is a free update, full details are on the FSWidgets News page.

I especially like the new Wall Planning charts. My flights cover a lot ground with the Lear45 with unlimited fuel.

Regards,

Ray

• Fermin,

I use the worldwide hybrid Satellite chart zoomed in all the way as a Taxi Chart for any airport in the world. I use our GeoConverter program to make a scenery area covering about 4 nm around the airport after adding the airport to the AF2 Nav GUI map by adding a tsc file with the necessary data.

Using your FSWigets moving maps to monitor speed and progress between my newly created airports makes for some great flying in the non DLC areas.

When IPACS makes the new Cultivator program and objects libraries available we should see a burst of new airports all over the world with mind blowing scenery including vegetation, 3d buildings, houses, towers, lighting and static aircraft. Runways, taxiways, and ramps should also start showing up shortly thereafter.

When this surge of new airports can be uploaded and downloaded by the users we should see a corresponding increase in the use of your FSWidgets moving maps.

Soon thereafter you should hear and see a lot of requests for some flight planning tools. I use a workaround by building a flight plan using QuickPlan, saving it, then importing the saved flight plan into to FSWigets moving maps to monitor progress.

The extra step is necessary until we can save flight plans in AF2. But, it sure makes an impressive display and always gets a 'wow' ot two from guests looking over my shoulder as the airplane icon tracks along the path on the map.

Regards,

Ray

• In the long term it might even be an idea if one could send 'commands' back to Aerofly, maybe for setting route parameters.

Just fantasizing a little...

Please continue fantasizing . . . .

Regards,

Ray

• I bought GMapHD for Windows yesterday, installed it on a networked laptop and it works pretty well. Sure a 100% improvement over the default MovingMap sitting in the corner of the main screen.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I bought GMapHD for Windows yesterday, installed it on a networked laptop and it works pretty well. Sure a 100% improvement over the default MovingMap sitting in the corner of the main screen.

Kind regards, Michael

I have the full load of maps along with QuickPlan and I use the maps on every flight. Glad you like it.

Regards,

Ray

• Can you use Qickplan for AeroflyFS2 given AeroflyFS2t certainly cannot read .pln files?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Kinda. I check the AF2 NAV gui to make sure most of my checkpoints are included. I use a lot of intersections to set up approaches. I build my flightplan using AF2 then duplicate it in Quickplan (this only takes a minute due to the click to select using the same GmapsHD that you just bought) Save the plan and import it into your GmapsHD to display the plan on your moving maps. Load and fly.

After building and saving a few flightplans you will have them for reuse. Bring one up to see your checkpoints and quickly build the same plan in the AF2 gui and go fly. Of course, you can change routes in the AF2 Nav while flying and just choose to monitor your progress on the moving map.

You can import most any saved flight plan into your win gmaps. Then build that plan in the AF2 NAV and you can cut out using the Quickplan.

FSWigets is looking at the possibility of grabbing the flight plan data for import directly from the main.tsc file. IPACS is also mostly likely working on some form of saving flight plans and if so, FSWigits will be in position to support it.

A little extra work but it sure is nice to display your flightplan and have the progress icon showing.

Be sure to zoom in fully and use the realtime aircraft movement for taxi. Looks almost like the GTN Taxi screen.

Regards,

Ray

• Thanks, would be great if IPACS and FSWidegets could team up to get that planning thing going.

For the others Sims I use FS-FlightConnect which includes an excellent Moving Map and Planner and much more (Real Weather, Approach Training etc.) - but doesn't work with AeroflyFS2 so far. For now I am content with GmapHD given I fly VFR most of the time anyway, but yours is certainly an interesting approach.

Kind regards, Michael

• I suggest we continue to ask SPAD.neXt to support AF2. It is strictly economics, the more users that ask the better chance we have of getting his attention.

I have no doubt he could make easy work of using our FIPs and fix all the other loose ends. Heck, he is already in Germany. He could have coffee with those guys.

Regards,

Ray

• I suggest we continue to ask SPAD.neXt to support AF2. It is strictly economics, the more users that ask the better chance we have of getting his attention.

I have no doubt he could make easy work of using our FIPs and fix all the other loose ends. Heck, he is already in Germany. He could have coffee with those guys.

Regards,

Ray

I am a SPAD.neXt beta tester (and writer of the Getting Started guide) and have been asking from time to time already. Unfortunately with no success so far. This would certainly be the best solution given we could reuse all the gauges we bought and having a unified tool for all sims.

But yea, the more people ask now and then the better. I am not sure, though, if the ball is in his or in IPACS's court who have to support the project as well, though

Kind regards, Michael

• I think I will promote the idea of substantial progess once the Cultivator Tool and Runway Builder is offically released. SPAD.neXt can be the 3rd developer to support Aerofly FS2 along with Orbx and FSWidgets.

It might be time for a Avsim review undate.

Regards,

Ray