• Just a heads up that the July/August issue of PCPilot magazine has about 3 pages of stuff on Aerofly and innsbruck.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• It is nice to see IPACS and Aerofly FS 2 actually mentioned in a PC sim magazine. Although there is no mention on the cover, I found one full page (7) - Welcome to a new era - dedicated to Aerofly FS 2 and FTX Innsbruck upcoming release. Two nice photos, with quotes from both CEOs about how thrilled they are to be working together and some really nice statements by John Venema about efficiency, performance and smoothness of FS 2.

Page 43 is a full page joint advertisement by Orbx and IPACS showing 3 photos, the Cessna flying over Chicago and two of Innsbruck. This ad is placed next to the detailed 3 page review of Orbx's Innsbruck for FSX, FSX SE, and P3D. The PC Pilot verdict score is 96 with 4 out of 4 Excellents with outstanding comments and concludes with - "without a doubt has set the bar for others to aspire to".

Thanks HiFlyer for your post. I have a digital copy and will share with an email request. 8o

Regards,

Ray

• I'm not sure if we're talking about the same issue I'm talking about.... the July/August version which has a bit more information.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Nope, same issue. The intro is rather interesting because we have so many milestones:

"Hello and a warm welcome to another packed issue of PC Pilot. One of the most striking features of this edition is that it marks a significant moment for the hobby, with a number of product developments which can be considered milestones in the flight sim industry. These include

Dovetail Games’ ‘Flight Sim World’ (page 6),

IPACS’ ‘Aerofly FS 2’ (page 7),

Laminar Research’s ‘X-Plane 11’ (page 14) and

Lockheed Martin’s ‘Prepar3D v4’ (page 32)

Regards,

Ray

• I'm away from my pc for a few hours. I will check the FSW article for you when back home. I did read last week that the JF Arrow III was available as the first payware add on.

Regards,

Ray

• Just out of curiosity what did it say about Flight Sim World? I do not remember the last time I read a negative review about a flight sim product in a flight sim magazine.

It was a pretty basic review, more less going over the features and ending up with a "I'm sure we'll revisit it in the future." sort of ending .

Devons rig

• Just out of curiosity what did it say about Flight Sim World? I do not remember the last time I read a negative review about a flight sim product in a flight sim magazine.

Steam or other forums seem to be the places to go for reviews across the whole spectrum. Maybe because they do not rely so much on advertising income?

Steam reviews are from regular people, who as a group have no affiliation, financial or otherwise, with anybody. They can be partisan and unfair, but they can also be brutally, brutally honest.

I find myself perusing Steam reviews much more than anyplace else. While carefully correcting internally for the idiosyncrasies of the more immature reviewers.

Devons rig