We haven't talked about the trees in the middle of the interstate highways and other unwanted and odd places lately

• Using GeoConverter and FSET I added a new scenery area around Virginia Beach and Norfolk last night and although the scenery looks great and the cluster of large military airports should put a smile on the faces our military oriented users, but the excessive number of trees in the middle of the highways and parking lots is a real bummer. Any information available on the progress or approach to the problem? I'm thinking maybe the delay has something to do with finalizing of the 'cultivation' program. Of course, I am totally shooting in the dark, but it would be nice to hear something positive about the issue. :)

Regards,

Ray

• Trees? I have no trees in my GeoConvert scenery. How did you manage that?

Beats me. I have no idea. I never even considered that I may have planted all those trees.

Regards,

Ray

• On second thought, it could be that Virginia Beach/Norfolk is actually in the New York DLC, although they are hundreds of miles from any of the improved scenery. Would you like to give it try? Create an area around Philadelphia and see if you have tress in the streets.

Regards,

Ray

• On second thought, it could be that Virginia Beach/Norfolk is actually in the New York DLC, although they are hundreds of miles from any of the improved scenery. Would you like to give it try? Create an area around Philadelphia and see if you have tress in the streets.

Regards,

Ray

That may be it; I've been intending to create an area from just north of D.C. down to Norfolk/Va. Beach but haven't gotten around to it yet. Haven't decided what res I want to do it in; 2m saves time and looks OK but not as nice of course as 1m.

• I did two areas - one at DL 0, the other at DL 1 - They are 8 or 9 areas each and look especially sharp, except for the trees everywhere.

Regards,

Ray

• The trees are distracting enough that I usually turn them off completely. I was actually thinking about suggesting that maybe the trees could be set to fade to invisibility once you got beyond a certain height above the ground....

But that's a short-term patch. What I suspect is really eventually going to happen is that they'll have to do some sort of osm outlines of all the roads and then do exclusions.

Honestly, maybe orbx would be the best people to do that , since due to their Vector product, they probably have all the data for roads and things like that already...

It'll be interesting to see what the final solution turns out to be.

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

Edited once, last by HiFlyer ().

• I have asked repeatedly if there was any way to selectively remove trees from the New York DLC and I have never gotten an answer that I can remember. :)

It is a subject close to my heart because I live near NYC and I would love to not only remove trees from the roads but the trees that cover my darn house!! I can see my neighbors' houses but mine is overgrown.

• Same here, I live close to Berne, the whole city is covered by trees. Berne is indeed a green city with a lot of trees but it is not a jungle. And approaching Berne airport rwy 32 there should be a river (Aare) and in parallel a highway both almost completely covered by trees. The Switzerland DLC as all the other DLCs is fantastic, best what I have seen in my long flight simulation career, however this tree issue is bad.

Regards,

Thomas

Best regards,

Thomas

i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz, Geforce GTX 1080, 32MB RAM, 500 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, 1TB HD, 32" Monitor 4K, Oculus Rift

• Berne is murdered by the trees, the buildings are all 2d pancakes and are invisible with trees displayed. From cockpit videos in YouTube it is a very attractive city in an approach to the south. Could 3D buildings and especially all the prominent bridges be done some day?

• This is a subject they just don't want to deal with. I can never get any response on if it is possible to remove trees.

It seems to have defeated these very talented programmers!

Maybe it is just a little over the horizon on the to do list.

Regards,

Ray

• I did two areas - one at DL 0, the other at DL 1 - They are 8 or 9 areas each and look especially sharp, except for the trees everywhere.

Regards,

Ray

Today I completed a Norfolk/Va. Beach area; trees are abundant!

So, the answer to the tree question is as you guessed: only available at present in DLC areas. Trees in non DLC geoconvert areas will have to wait for a future update to the program.

• Today I completed a Norfolk/Va. Beach area; trees are abundant!

So, the answer to the tree question is as you guessed: only available at present in DLC areas. Trees in non DLC geoconvert areas will have to wait for a future update to the program.

OK. Thanks for the confirmation.

Now what do we do about all these trees? I think the major airport runways are mostly free of the random trees. If true, we can still expand our flight areas into these prime areas.

Regards,

Ray

• Now what do we do about all these trees? I think the major airport runways are mostly free of the random trees. If true, we can still expand our flight areas into these prime areas.

Well you know...... At least they aren't floating any more. <3

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• I am working on a 6 area dl 1grab of the Philadelphia area using FSET now. This should come close to joining the New York DLC just South of Trenton. I will let you know how it looks. Of course, that area in the DLC in full of trees already.

Regards,

Ray