A slightly different way of letting IPACS know how patient we really are.

• Flight simulation and its users have reached such an advanced state of systems (depth and general user conformity) that it often feels like many don't have much patience for different play styles that aren't necessarily all about the instruments.

I've always believed that Microsoft created the most popular flight simulator ever by not forgetting that people are drawn to Flight simulation for many different reasons, with no reason in particular being treated by the developers as the one true correct, or superior one.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• This is funny, that video show Fly Tampa stuff... not FSX scenery.

Yup. I used to play around with that a bit: The intros use whatever scenery you have installed for the intro area.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I'm totally fine if you have a different perception, and everyone has their own expectations from Aerofly FS2 and what gathers us is we still believe in it.

It will be successful if it gets flexible and accessible enough for a wide community with different aeronautical perspectives to find in it what they're searching for.

Cheers

Antoine

what in your eyes make any of my words being a different perception? to what? trolling around here? :)

not expectiing an answer actually.

• Here some scope matters that would be fun to discuss, if you guys like to join:

1. Marketing Aspect

5 major products to deal with in the next 5 years or so, that in some form feature flight.

Every of these 5 developers needs to identify and perform its niche, unless a direct competition .

Aerofly wanted to be a flight sim thing for everbody, with a smaller range of usable content,

and phototextured sceneries. Their selling proposal is smooth performance and easy flying with a connectivity to mobile devices and VR.

Despite that aspect of usage, they hate being associated with "Arcade", so the PC side has been improved and strengthened. Their plans

show commitment to be a serious flight simulation.

Since their initial engine proved so good, thoughts went into more system depth and cooperations with 3rd parties for complexer scenery stakes.

This has been proved succesful too. Game runs perfect and smooth with Orbx Content added.

Next challenges are some flight sim-related modules like ATC, Weather etc., that brings them nearly half way to the users look for.

More Sceneries will be added.

The end?

• Been armchair flying since FS6, aka fs98. Have enjoyed the hobby ever since and relished those moments when something new came along. The first big innovation as I recall was John Farrie's (Visual Flight) original Photo Scenery for the UK in fs2002 as apposed to satellite imaging. Stunning stuff at the time. That was improved upon by Horizon, for fs9 through to fsx. This of course evolved into P3D and yes I went that route too, v1 - v3. Leaving v4 until after my next PC rebuild.

Now taking a different route, i've entered the VR world. Having compared all varieties with the OR I was persuaded to go with Aerofly. Early days, but a very sweet environment. Yes, I still use the other Sims, horses for courses as they say. However, I look forward to the continued development of FS2 and happy to get on board. So for now, a big thank you for all your efforts.

...if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

• Me, I remember Falcon on Mac 512, and that was advanced, better than a text based game then, so go FS2!

I say if you don't really care about scenery, go retro!8)

[Blocked Image: https://www.macintoshrepository.org/_resize.php?w=640&h=480&bg_color=333333&imgenc=ZmlsZebcXMvbWFjaW50b3NoZ2FyZGVuLm9yZy9zaXRlcy9tYWNpbnRvc2hnYXJkZW4ub3JnL2ZpbGVzL3NjcmVlbnNob3RzL2ZhbGNvbl8xLmpwZw%3D%3D]