Are there more airports than there are blue dots on the navigation screen??

• I think it would be important to have an automated (i.e. database driven) tool for adding at least runways to those regions like Origon not covered by the default scenery. I created a certain region out of Germay using Geoconvert but was completely lost in search for a single airport to start from.

I know there is a description to add runways manually somewhere around, and maybe I'll try that at least for my home base, but this is not a way to populate more extended regions.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I think it would be important to have an automated (i.e. database driven) tool for adding at least runways to those regions like Origon not covered by the default scenery. I created a certain region out of Germay using Geoconvert but was completely lost in search for a single airport to start from.

I know there is a description to add runways manually somewhere around, and maybe I'll try that at least for my home base, but this is not a way to populate more extended regions.

Kind regards, Michael

Michael,

Post two airports that you would like to have added to the NAV gui and I will make them for you. This will give you a local airport for takeoffs and another for landings and vice versa. It is quite easy to add the airport and runways to the NAV screen.

Regards,

Ray

• Here is a quick look at airports that I have added in Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi. I have made 3m scenery for all of the SE USA and dl level 1 for many areas that I like to fly.

Regards,

Ray

• Michael,

Post two airports that you would like to have added to the NAV gui and I will make them for you. This will give you a local airport for takeoffs and another for landings and vice versa. It is quite easy to add the airport and runways to the NAV screen.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks Ray, that's very kind. I read the short manual and I can (and will) do it for a couple of airports around my home base myself. My point was it's quite tedious and not accessible to the less technically oriented guys at all to populate larger areas.

Thanks once more and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Michael,

great to see you as a well experienced flight sim pilot here in this forum!

The tutorial about adding a simple airport is here:

https://www.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/d…enery_creation3

If you have specific wishes, you are welcome. See the offer of Ray for example.

Regards

Rodeo

Add: You are right, it is not the way for massive creation of airports, but it is just the beginning.

• Thanks Ray, that's very kind. I read the short manual and I can (and will) do it for a couple of airports around my home base myself. My point was it's quite tedious and not accessible to the less technically oriented guys at all to populate larger areas.

Thanks once more and kind regards, Michael

OK. Just follow Rodeo's excellent tutorial for adding airports. I just added Leipzig Halle as a test. I took about 10 minutes, with a stumble on reversing the Lat/Long and not using the - as in the USA.

Regards,

Ray

• Hi,

thanks for the kind words. While I started simming in 1991 (FS4), I am not sure I would call myself "experienced". Anyway, I bought AeroflyFS2 on day one (after being a user of FS1 already) . What bothers me most is the USB reconnecting hassle of all my hardware when switching between Prepar3d4 and AeroflyFS2, otherwise I would certainly launch it more often.

And thanks for your (and others') numerous contributions.

Kind regards, Michael

• Michael,

After adding the one airport in Germany I decided to add a block of scenery around it to enable me to takeoff and land. Now I just arrived from Zurich in the Lear and doing a flyby. This airport is really out in the country.

Regards,

Ray

• Hi guys.

Been trying to follow the tutorial mentioned in this thread. ( https://www.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/d…enery_creation3 ), and when I went to download the sample TSC file it references, it no longer exists ( http://dl1.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/r…st%20sample.rar). Can someone point to a very simple TSC file that I can use as a template please.

Thanks.

- Kenneth

Kenneth,

Go to any airport and search for tsc in the places folder. Airports with single runways are less complicated. Copy a tsc file of your choice to a location of your choice and change the name. You can now experiment with edits.

Refer to the tutorial where Rodeo discusses the tsc file to learn more about the structure and details. (all airports have tsc files)

Other tutorials also use tsc files that you can study.

Regards,

Ray

• Hi guys.

I have tried to follow the tutorial, and have made a .tsc file, and placed it where it suggests. The blue runway symbol shows up in the "location" map, but it does not display the name of the airport. Also, when I click on the blue runway, I expected it to give me the window that allows me to place the aircraft on a runway, on approach, or parked. This window never showed up however. Here is the text of my simple .tsc. Can you see anything obvious that I might have missed?

<[file][][]

<[tmsimulator_scenery_place][][]

<[string8][type][airport]>

<[string8][sname][Banning Municipal]>

<[string8][lname][Banning Municipal]>

<[string8][icao][KBNG]>

<[string8][country][USA]>

<[string8][coordinate_system][web_mercator]>

<[vector2_float64][position][-116.8501785 33.9225612]>

<[float64][height][658.54]>

<[float64][size][5000]>

<[vector2_float64][tower_position][-116.8559772 33.9217572]>

<[float64][tower_height][700]>

<[bool][autoheight][true]>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object][objects][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object_animated][objects_animated][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_runway][runways][]

<[tmsimulator_runway][element][0]

<[vector2_float64][endpoint1][-116.8591301 33.9225951]>

<[vector2_float64][endpoint2][-116.8428102 33.9224760]>

<[vector2_float64][threshold1][-116.8591301 33.9225951]>

<[vector2_float64][threshold2][-116.8428102 33.9224760]>

<[float64][width][30.51]>

<[string8][name1][08]>

<[string8][name2][26]>

<[string8][appltsys1][std]>

<[string8][appltsys2][std]>

<[string8][papi1][none]>

<[string8][papi2][none]>

<[string8][reil1][none]>

<[string8][reil2][none]>

>

<[list_tmsimulator_startposition][start_positions][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_parking_position][parking_positions][]

<[tmsimulator_parking_position][element][0]

<[vector2_float64][position][-116.8577843 33.9214092]>

<[float64][heading][359.0]>

<[string8][name][Parking Position #1]>

>

<[list_tmsimulator_view_position][view_positions][]

>

• Kenneth,

It is mid-night where I am so I will take a close look at your tsc file tomorrow after church. It looks like you are almost there. It is probably a line format problem. `I don't know if a makes any difference but I use [lonlat]> instead of [web_mercator]>

700 meters is a tall tower. 20 - 30 is normal.

You can have two files up side by side in notepad + +. I recommend grabbing one of the close by DLC airports with a single runway and comparing the format and spaces of the two tsc files. You might have a line missing or open. the system is real picky.

Regards,

Ray

• Thank you Ray,

I took your advice, two files side by side. I think it was spacing. Now, how on Earth do I put buildings there? That's the next learning curve. New file text below. It works. You know, this is the easy way to share basic airports. A text listing as below, with instructions on where to place the file!

<[file][][]

<[tmsimulator_scenery_place][][]

<[string8][type][airport]>

<[string8][sname][Banning Municipal]>

<[string8][lname][Banning Municipal]>

<[string8][icao][KBNG]>

<[string8][country][USA]>

<[string8][coordinate_system][web_mercator]>

<[vector2_float64][position][-116.8501785 33.9225612]>

<[float64][height][658.54]>

<[float64][size][5000]>

<[vector2_float64][tower_position][-116.8559772 33.9217572]>

<[float64][tower_height][20.00]>

<[bool][autoheight][true]>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object][objects][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object_animated][objects_animated][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_runway][runways][]

<[tmsimulator_runway][element][0]

<[vector2_float64][endpoint1][-116.8591301 33.9225951]>

<[vector2_float64][endpoint2][-116.8428102 33.9224760]>

<[vector2_float64][threshold1][-116.8591301 33.9225951]>

<[vector2_float64][threshold2][-116.8428102 33.9224760]>

<[float64][width][30.51]>

<[string8][name1][08]>

<[string8][name2][26]>

<[string8][appltsys1][std]>

<[string8][appltsys2][std]>

<[string8][papi1][right]>

<[string8][papi2][right]>

<[bool][papi1_has_custom_position][false]>

<[bool][papi2_has_custom_position][false]>

<[vector2_float64][papi1_custom_position][0 0]>

<[vector2_float64][papi2_custom_position][0 0]>

<[float64][papi1_glide_slope][3]>

<[float64][papi2_glide_slope][3]>

<[float64][papi1_spacing][6]>

<[float64][papi2_spacing][6]>

<[string8][reil1][none]>

<[string8][reil2][none]>

>

>

<[list_tmsimulator_startposition][start_positions][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_parking_position][parking_positions][]

<[tmsimulator_parking_position][element][0]

<[vector2_float64][position][-116.8577843 33.9214092]>

<[float64][heading][359.1]>

<[string8][name][Parking Position #1]>

>

>

<[list_tmsimulator_view_position][view_positions][]

>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][cultivation_files][]

>

>

Edited once, last by KJKsimmer (October 29, 2017 at 7:36 AM).

• I started by adding hangars, buildings, and static airplanes using Dave W’s objects from the download section. Download Dave’s Pt. Mugu airport to see what is possible for buildings and planes, etc. same for Rodeo’s Whidbey NAS.

Everything I know about this scenery, which is very little, I learned from Rodeo and Dave so, for now, that is my recommendation. Study their work and tutorials and keep asking questions.

I think it is possible to build a complete airport with all the bells and whistles that make each one unique but it will take time and you will need to learn step by step. There is a lot of help from the users here.

Tmb files are quite small in size but deliver a big punch to the eyes. You add a section to the tmc for [object], name the object and specific the lat lon and the orientation. This part is easier but you need the tmb files for the objects.

Cultivation for massive areas of lighting and houses is still being developed so I recommend learning to add individual tmb files to co-ords for now. Groups of objects and runways and ramps require specific programs, but you can copy existing runways, even entire airports, to new locations for now. Fine tuning comes later.

Enjoy.

Regards,

Ray