Oculus (Other VR) Failing?

• I don't have a great mental model of how FS2 interacts with the Oculus, but I used to use it just fine, starting from Steam and telling it on the 3-part pop up menu to use the Oculus (other) VR, but now it just starts up (steam says it's running) and then silently crashes (steam says it's not running). I've tried this with and w/o starting the Oculus software first. No diff, and starting it from the Oculus library appears to do exactly the same thing (although from inside the oculus) -- starts, then just immediately crashes. All my updates are up to date, I think. Is there a crash log someplace I can read. (I'm on W10, all latest updates to everything, as far as I know.) Thanks!

• No Problems here, never crashed Aerofly 2 with Rift in Win7 / 64.

One of the only Simulator who never crashed ...

P3DV4 + FSX sometimes give up :) ...but I can live with this.

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• I don't have a great mental model of how FS2 interacts with the Oculus, but I used to use it just fine, starting from Steam and telling it on the 3-part pop up menu to use the Oculus (other) VR, but now it just starts up (steam says it's running) and then silently crashes (steam says it's not running). I've tried this with and w/o starting the Oculus software first. No diff, and starting it from the Oculus library appears to do exactly the same thing (although from inside the oculus) -- starts, then just immediately crashes. All my updates are up to date, I think. Is there a crash log someplace I can read. (I'm on W10, all latest updates to everything, as far as I know.) Thanks!

Have Steam check your installation for errors.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

Aerofly log file is located at "C:\Users\ ... \Documents\Aerofly FS 2\tm.log" check the last couple of lines for any hints.

My best guess is: outdated graphics card drivers. Those are usually not updated automatically with windows 10 updates.

Regards,

Jan