• Hi - What has changed with the last update (maybe 9/14)?

I love AFFS 2 for many reasons, one is that the textures are cristal clear up to the horizon. However this weekend I have noticed that this is not the case anmyore. Blurred textures, poping up.

Switzerland DLC: Baron 58, airport Emmen, RWY 22. If I look in the direction of 22 the high mountain on the left (Pilatus) shows blurred textures (I could repeat this by setting the plane to another airport and then back to Emmen RWY 22, allways the same region was blurred again). Start and fly south towards the mountains and you will see more blurred regions and poping up textures when getting closer. Something must have changed.

Regards,

Thomas

My system: I7 7600, GeForce GTX 1080, 32GB RAM

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

Edited once, last by TomB (September 18, 2017 at 6:24 PM).

• Nothing has changed in the last few updates that would affect visual quality.

Going through updates, it's good practice to sometimes delete your main.mcf file located in your documents\aerofly fs2 folder. This will rebuild the graphics settings.

It will keep your controller settings and only reset your graphics settings. You will need to readjust those but it shouldn't be too difficult.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi, Jeff.

No, Jeff, it's not so beautiful! Look at my post in the topic "Geoconvert scenery border effects" N 15. Someone from your team should explain to us that in the Sim controls the appearance of the tiles when the aircraft approaches them. Moreover, this effect is manifested only at the boundaries of two zones processed by Geoconvert at different times.

I should note that as long as there is no technology for the normal scenery making.

• Hi Jeff

I will try this. Right now I am on the road until the end of the week so I cannot verify it. I wonder if this happens in the Switzerland DLC also on borders of geoconverted areas. It is not blurry in general but I guess always at the same places and I could reproduce it. Could be that I never flew exactly there before, hence did not notice it.

Regards,

Thomas

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Hi Jeff

I will try this. Right now I am on the road until the end of the week so I cannot verify it. I wonder if this happens in the Switzerland DLC also on borders of geoconverted areas. It is not blurry in general but I guess always at the same places and I could reproduce it. Could be that I never flew exactly there before, hence did not notice it.

Regards,

Thomas

OK, let me know how you make out.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff