Eastcoast usa has only a few airports but are ndb's and vor's there?

• Hello,

A few years ago I came across this website.

http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/vor-nav.htm

It seemed like a lot of fun to practice VOR flying in the c172 but I never liked FSX so I did other stuff. Now I would like to do this in AFS2 in VR.

The airports and navaids mentioned on the website are all in the eastern part of the US for instance Massachusetts and New Hampshire.

Are there vors and ndbs in afs2 in that area. I know there are only a few airports.... Is it possible to add vors and their frequencies in afs2?

Is there anyone willing to share some airports they created in that part of the US?

Thank you!

Jozef

• Jozef,

Most all the existing VORs and ndbs are already in AF2, not only in the eastern US but all over the world.

I have maybe 50+ airports that I have added in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and I am working my way up the east coast. I recently add new airports in the southern part of the New York DLC.

I added Philadelphia area airports, Ft Dix, Norfolk, Virginia Beach. I also added Boston, Cape Cod, and Martha's Vineyard.

My concentrated area is in Texas. Dallas/Ft Worth area, Waco, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, and the Houston Area with airports connecting the larger metro areas.

These are not improved airports, just what it takes to add them to the NAV GUI for takeoff and landings. Many of the larger airports I have HD level scenery about 5 miles in all directions for the approaches. Most of the runway surfaces are bumpy but, some are smooth as glass.

Ask Jeff if he can figure out how users that wish to communicate with each other by email can get connected. I keep hoping that IPACS will activate the PM feature here at the forum.

Regards,

Ray