Re- Dual rates problem

• Hi again, as you can see i have already started a thread on dual rates for all the 3D models in Aerofly 7 Ultimate. I just wanted to start a new thread hoping someone can help with the problem of not being able to have dual rates working for all 3D planes. I don't know if its suppose to be like that but am pretty shore you are suppose to have dual rates for any kind of flying model on all its surfaces. The problem is that you can have dual rates for the elevator and rudder but not the ailerons, so like me, i am editing most of the 3D models to be more responsive for 3D but that makes them sensitive for when you want to do sport flying. Not being able to dull down the ailerons makes the 3D models very twitchy to fly. Can anyone else please confirm if thats the case and is there a work round to this problem. Any advise would be gratefully received

Regards. Dave;

• As far as I know the built in dual rate function of the Aerofly RC 7 should just affect the aileron input when enabled. I've never worked with dual rate both in real life or in the sim, so I can't give you that much advice, sorry.

However, the aileron deflection should be changed either with the aircraft editor or the tmd file directly. Adjust the servo "P1" value to reduce the deflection for maximum aileron input.

• Thanks for your reply. That's all well and good but you must be able to have 2 settings on the dual rate switch to change from low to high. You just can't do that because it won't work in game. It's fine to alter the deflection in editor but it's pointless because the dual rate switch will not see any input

• The dual rates aren't stored in the model, maybe this is where you are confused. Dual rate is a global setting in the advanced controller setup of the RC 7, in the table in the most right column. You can set the percentage separately for elevator, aileron and rudder if I'm not mistaken.

Can you confirm that your aileron dual rate percentage is at 50% or something less than 100%?

• Hi again, yes i can set my ailerons as you say above. In advanced controller setup i have dual rate of 60% low and 100% high, and on the left hand side the graphic sliders move to 60% then 100%. You would think great thats all working fine, but out on the field when i move my dual rate switch between 60 and 100% the ailerons dont move between the 2, i would say they are moving to their higher 100% rate. In flight when i am doing a roll there is no difference between a slow 60% roll and a 100%. I cannot control between the two inflight so as a result of my edits to make planes more sensitive i cannot go low rates and fly more casually. I don't know how much easier i can explain it to you. When i fly my Realflight 7.5 and phoenix 5.5 simulators i have none of these issues and can flip between the 2 rates during flight as you are suppose to, so at the moment i use these two more than Aerofly. What i don't understand is why i can use dual rates for helicopters and none aerobatic planes in Aerofly. I fly the PT 40 a lot and i have no problems switching between the two rates. It does not make any sense to me

Dave

• Hi, I was solving the same problem. Finally I got through it this way:

Go to edit aircraft, then find aileron servos, elevator servos and rudder servos on the left. Set the values as desired - in case of setting the airplane "more 3Dlike " set the +values larger, - values smaller . Save the plane modification as " 3D" for example. You can choose it when loading airplane from modification bar. I know, it is not proper dual rates solution, but it works for me.

Cheers,