Aerofly FS2 Flight Simulator Aims To Move Out Of Early Access

• Hi,

priorities may certainly differ, but there are a few functions I would consider mandatory before going out of Early Access. I agree to Ed's note above, Cold and Dark starts (in the core sim, not using the C172 plugin) are one of them. Moreover, while I don't believe the Saitek FIPs to come alive during the rest of my life in AeroflyFS2, at least the Saitek Panels are a basic must have, IMHO. At present (C172):

- The Radio Panel does work.

- The Multi panel works halfway: Flaps lever works, Pitch wheel doesn't, AP does work as such, but the display remains dark, whyever.

- The Switch Panel does plainly NOTHING for me, no Master, no Magnetos, just nothing.

All Panels can be configured in the Settings screen, so it's just the plane functionality being missing.

I should mention all panels work fully (using SPAD.neXt and networked) in the others Sims I use (P3D4, FSW, and XP11).

I should also add on this opccasion, all Saitek controls (Cessna Yoke, Pedals, TrimWheel, TPM) work really fine.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• i am happy to hear you or coming out of early access. but what about the switch's they all don't work ?

and what about other state's ? nc for one i mean woow really nc the state that started it all. the white brothers the first plane. the state that well pay for your aviation engineering if you get a 90 on your ged. you would thank nc would of been one of the first states to add in this.... please tell me that your not going to stop adding. pulling this out of steam early is to soon ... don't get me wrong i love this. it is the best vr game i have. but i feel like i am being slapped in the face. maybe i am just reading this wrong.

:P

• I'm pretty sure you'll be able to update your DVD version just like you can update other simulators like X-Plane, FSX and so on.

So even if the first installation from DVD may not have all the features we are about to add yet, you could still update your program and get all the latest additions.

But when you first install Aerofly FS 2 from DVD you get a stable software. And that was the goal of Early Access, creating a stable base upon which we can improve further.

The biggest advantage over the Steam version is that you don't have to download that much data through your slow internet connection. You get most of the data, which are mainly scenery images, on DVD, not via internet. For updates you may need to download some files I think, if Aerofly FS 2 DVD version works like the previous Aerofly RC or FS 1 programs, but those are not that many gigabytes in size, couple megabytes can be downloaded quickly even with slower connections nowadays.

• As you know I truly love this sim, but I hope that there are going to be many features added before you cut those DVD's and announce the sim as "released". And most of all I hope that you are very clear in telling new buyers what is not yet in the program. I would be very disappointed if I bought a flight sim in late 2017 and it didn't have weather, night lighting, even a basic ATC, no other traffic etc., unless that was very clearly indicated on the "box".

• I fail to see how the software is more stable now than it was 6 months ago... so I don't understand why the sim suddenly goes out of early access. It still is lacking too much options to be called a 'full' sim and to release a sim in progress on DVD seems a bit odd to me. But well.

• What about Norway terrain? Most of the terrain up in Norway still missing. Still flat country.

I'm still waiting patiently.

i think Norway is Number 13, as part of Scandinavia ?

Hawaii

Florida and the Caribbean (St Maarten-St Barthelomey)

Latin America

Nepal-Myanmar-Thailand-Vietnam-Malaysia-Philipines-Papua Neuguinea

UK

New Zealand

Australia

Marokko-Portugal-Spain-Baleares

Italy-Sardinia-Korsika-Slovenia-Kroatia-Greece

South Africa-Namibia-Madagaskar

Germany-France-Benelux

Alaska-Kanada-Greenland

Scandinavia

• Hi and thanks for continuing working with the sim.

Really great news and know that more areas are coming.

Aerofly + VR (Oculus) is amazing and can't wait to test the touch support.

Are you guys adding real weather at some point?

If no real weather coming, how about a "random weather generator" for flight departure and destination with transition.

Thanks to all dev's

Alex

• If no real weather coming, how about a "random weather generator" for flight departure and destination with transition.

Hi Alex, the difficult part is probably not the "real" vs "random" weather, the difficult part is rendering thousands of clouds and having cloud layers that cast shadows onto themselves and the ground. Creating an weather engine for that is the most tricky part I think.

• Hi Alex, the difficult part is probably not the "real" vs "random" weather, the difficult part is rendering thousands of clouds and having cloud layers that cast shadows onto themselves and the ground. Creating an weather engine for that is the most tricky part I think.

An overcast thick grey cloud layer and a bit of rain would do! :) Always cool seeing the runway you're about to land on as you come out of some thick & dense cloud.

• An overcast thick grey cloud layer and a bit of rain would do! :) Always cool seeing the runway you're about to land on as you come out of some thick & dense cloud.

I agree here 100%. A genuine thick cloud layer would be a nice stop-gap until the real weather engine is created. Also cumulus clouds that go farther away from your plane and closer to the horizon would be a nice step in the right direction.

• I agree here 100%. A genuine thick cloud layer would be a nice stop-gap until the real weather engine is created. Also cumulus clouds that go farther away from your plane and closer to the horizon would be a nice step in the right direction.

Just some variation would do already. The current small circle of clouds simply doesn't cut it for me. It is the main reason I stopped using AFS2 completely. A flightsim without proper weather isn't a flightsim. Apart from the planes it is imho the most important part of a sim, even more important than scenery.

• Just some variation would do already. The current small circle of clouds simply doesn't cut it for me. It is the main reason I stopped using AFS2 completely. A flightsim without proper weather isn't a flightsim. Apart from the planes it is imho the most important part of a sim, even more important than scenery.

Not everyone seems to agree, but I certainly do. It is one of my "big three" items I would like to see added, along with night lighting and a basic ATC.

• I have read the whole thread but it still remains unclear to me what will happen with people who bought the game in Steam. Are we stuck on this platform, will we be offered a DVD version,...?

Regards.

The Steam version of the Aerofly FS 2 will be updated continuously just like before. Internally the Steam and DVD versions are pretty much identical, apart from the licensing or Steam connection. So the ongoing development will be seen as updates on both platforms. For Steam users these updates will happen automatically through Steam.

New customers can now choose between Steam or DVD version. Steam has the advantage of staying up to date automatically and DVD has the advantage of downloading much much less data, e.g. if you have a poor connection or even run the software completely offline.