Future of Aerofly on mobile

• Its an absolute shame the mobile version has been forgotten by the developers. X plane recently released an update with a fully programmable FMC, while Infinite Flight is on the brink of releasing its remarkable "global" update. I had high hopes for this sim, but it's been ignored. Sad!

• We shouldn’t worry. This flight sim has done it’s best, and already is 5 dang GBs. Anymore and most devices will explode on us. I think we should just appreciate what we got. But of course we NEED updates to fix those bugs. Eg: Sancramento Intl, Mollis Airport Black splotches, etc.

Just an Aviation and Space enthusiast who lives in Australia and loves Aerofly FS 2 on his iPad Pro 9.7 :|

• Hello,

I fully agree that you bundle your manpower for the PC version. But let me clearly point out: I came via the Android version to the PC version. Looking for some good stuff for my smartphone for a short vacation first (btw, nr Wolfach), I was really impressed and decided to give the PC version a try when being back. Improving the Android Version might generate turnover for the PC version... At the Galaxy Tab S3 I also have the problem with disappearing landscape, like others mentioned.

Cheers

Rudi

• I am not sure which version came first but I was wondering now that the PC version is coming out of early access why they do not update this version too. Maybe they could market a Washington or New York version for Android devices. Nothing to stop us buying more than one.

• Yes, there has been lots of progress on the desktop side and I can see the team are very busy. It would just be nice to see some kind of roadmap or plans for the future of the mobile version other than teases on social media of things that may or may not come to the mobile version.

• As the mobile version is fairly comparable to the PC version on the coding front (with the limitations being available space and file size), as the PC version moves forward, features that can be ported over to the mobile version will be . This has been mentioned before and still holds true.

On the PC side, there has been a slower update production due to the more complex features being worked on, this slower movement will trickle down to all versions, mobile included.

So, please just be patient, the mobile version has not been abandoned.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Have the IPACS team actually tried the published android version in the last year or two? The navigation feature is genuinely unusable and android Aero is significantly inferior to the iOS version. It is screaming out for even the most minor of fixes and perhaps with ongoing hardware performance improvements since the last version, the inferior to iOS scenery textures could be improved upon. Android users are well aware of having a second class Aerofly.

• As the mobile version is fairly comparable to the PC version on the coding front (with the limitations being available space and file size), as the PC version moves forward, features that can be ported over to the mobile version will be . This has been mentioned before and still holds true.

On the PC side, there has been a slower update production due to the more complex features being worked on, this slower movement will trickle down to all versions, mobile included.

So, please just be patient, the mobile version has not been abandoned.

Ok. Can we have new planes (Dash?) to wait? As you said, I think that we (mobile users) understand this (the complexity of work), but we were expecting little things (new planes, minor updates) to keep our interested alive...

• If and when an upgrade in mobile(s) is considered could a mechanism for manual navaid selection be included? I had a year away from PC FS2 because of illness effects and I have found the current near universal ability to select and adjust the navigation equipment to be a delightful improvement which transforms my enjoyment of this beautiful and authentic feeling simulator.

Could the retention of retired NDB beacons also be considered?, it would be a departure from up to date realism but like the offering of Chicago Miegs airport there is a place for the simple fun and enjoyment to be had from re-living old favourite procedures.

I did a run into Livermore in PC California and while real time navaid swaps was a joy I was saddened to see the absence of the Livermore and Tracy NDBs. (Edited, NDB work OK) Users with current approach plates can simply not tune in the old NDBs, in order to experience the authentic current approaches.

Pay scenery and especially pay complex aircraft IPACS addons for both mobile and PC will be enthusiastically received.

Edited once, last by Overloaded: Correction (April 13, 2019 at 9:57 PM).