A320 still rolling to the right side and going down when AP is disconnected

• Hi!

A while ago someone posted this and the problem is still there, so I wanted to report it again. Whenever you disconnect the autopilot, the plane starts turning or even rolling to the right and also starts to put the nose down so that you cant do anything but crashing. Thats really annoying, because you cant land manually anymore and always have to do autoland... I would be very happy if it gets fixed.:)

• Yeah, due to the release of the DVD version you guys will have to wait for this fix. Internally it is all fixed, just waiting for the release :) You'll then probably get the same version as one shipped per DVD including all the bug fixes that I made over the last month(s). I'll ask if we could get a Steam beta out prior to the DVD version, let you guys have the bug fixes and test the beta version until we are happy to send it to the dvd press :) That way you'll get the bug fixes earlier, could be a win win.

I'm really sorry that I messed that up last update, I did some last minute fixes to cover 20 bugs in the existing fly by wire but I missed one or two that shouldn't be in there, sorry.

• There will be a Steam Beta 'pre-release' prior to DVD release. This is in final internal testing now and will be in everyone's hands soon.

As I mentioned in another thread, we will be looking for users to test out features only in the existing build and NOT what everyone wants to see added. So, if it's not in the upcoming beta, it likely wont be added until a future update down the road post release.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Yeah, due to the release of the DVD version you guys will have to wait for this fix. Internally it is all fixed, just waiting for the release :) You'll then probably get the same version as one shipped per DVD including all the bug fixes that I made over the last month(s). I'll ask if we could get a Steam beta out prior to the DVD version, let you guys have the bug fixes and test the beta version until we are happy to send it to the dvd press :) That way you'll get the bug fixes earlier, could be a win win.

I'm really sorry that I messed that up last update, I did some last minute fixes to cover 20 bugs in the existing fly by wire but I missed one or two that shouldn't be in there, sorry.

Oh okay, thats no problem for me. I just wanted to remind you. I got time and just wait for it.

Thanks☺

• One question: Does public beta mean we all get it whether we sign in for a special beta channel or not? Or do we need to be signed up for a beta channel?

Thanks

Nah, "public beta" is what we call your beta version in Steam, you get that if you opt into beta versions for the Aerofly FS 2.

I'm not sure if there still is a difference between the public "normal" Early Access Steam version of the Aerofly FS 2 and the "beta" version of the Early Access Steam version. Anyway, if you selected to receive beta updates than you should have seen updates in the last couple of hours. I'm referring to those updates.

• OK, I gave it a shot...

Something happened that had never happened before. I selected 30000 as my cruising altitude for a flight from Vienna to Zurich. Everything was going well, but after the plane leveled off at FL300, it started to climb again without me touching anything. It went through FL320 and kept on going towards who knows what. The altitude select screen never changed from 30000. Additionally, the auto throttle did NOT increase the thrust, so the speed was dropping.

Sigh.

I never did get a chance to see if the roll problem was corrected.

I will try again, eventually lol.

• Ok, just did the flight again and everything worked perfectly this time.

Fingers crossed that the weird climb won't happen again! When it all works perfectly this is the best flight sim experience available as far as I'm concerned.

• I've found couple other bugs whilst testing. First the autopilot sometimes captured the FMC PATH even though the selected altitude was set below it. And then the A320 shouldn't capture the path anyway, only the b747, so that had to be fixed.-

Then I did some approaches without ILS and man was that broken :D You fix on one place and mess up three other places if you aren't careful. Anyway, I hope I got the majority working correctly again now, I'll send in the code and that will hopefully be updated soon.

Yeah, if I eventually get the AP bug free than that is likely one of the best implementations out there. I mean it is one autopilot that handles every aircraft from A320, B737, B747, Q400, LJ45, C90 and others in the future. We're also thinking about add-on developers here. The autopilot should just be a question of plug and play then... No need to write your own autopilot! :)

• Jan,

One thing that puzzles me is that sometimes when I start a flight the cockpit seems to be completely set up for me. The FL is set to a prudent altitude, the flaps are set to 5, the brakes are set to light on landing, etc. Then other times none of that is done. The Alt is set to 4000 and nothing else is set at all.

Is there some preferred order that should be followed when setting up a flight? Should I do the navigation screen first to set up the starting airport and destination, then chose and place the plane on the runway? Or choose and place the plane on the runway, then use the navigation screen to create the navigation for the flight? Does it make any difference?

Thanks,

Bill

• I do it in this order:

1) loc.: aircraft to departure airport on desired runway

2) nav.: delete old route

3) nav.: click destination airport, select ILS runway or runway of choice.

4) start the sim.

if flaps are not set:

5) loc.: place the aircraft on the exact same runway again.

-> that should set cruise altitude, arm LNAV/VNAV or NAV and CLB, etc.

if you want to do all the preparation yourself:

5) loc.: click the white aircraft symbol on the airport diagram