Release 20171004, invisible aircraft

• Dear IPACS team,

Since latest automatic update (20171004) all aircraft mods (i.e. tuned stock aircraft copies) as well as the DR400 have become invisible in the sim (only the horizontal stabilizer is partially visible).

As per every update I can recreate my own mods by picking from the stock aircraft and tuning.

However, what about the DR400, what do I need to update to have it back in AFS2?

Is there a new release of the SDK? Or do I need to pick anything from stock aircraft and merge into the DR400 files?

Or will a simple recompilation from SDK files solve the issue?

BTW since it is provided for free with the SDK, why not simply integrate the DR400 to the stock aircraft list, so that it keeps updated and supported?

Thanks in advance for your support

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I'm not too sure what you mean by 'stock aircraft and tuning'? Do you mean aircraft liveries? Liveries were tested and work with the new version. I also tested the DR400 and it's working well in my build as well. Maybe a recompile of the aircraft will do the trick for you.

The current SDK published in the downloads section is the latest build of this.

The DR400 can't be included into Aerofly directly due to licensing constraints. This aircraft is only meant to be a demo tool of the aircraft converter.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I am amazed that more folks aren't chiming in on this! I thought I was going blind or nuts until Antoine's message. My DR400 and my C172 Cold and Dark Mod have both fallen victim to this. Does this mean that a whole new C172 will have to be built as well? And what does this bode for future user created content, aircraft and scenery? Every time a major update occurs will the good people who create these gems have to go back to the drawing board? That will sure put a damper on things.

Every time I think that FS2 is "the one," I realize how far it has to go to become really competitive. And that is a shame, because it really is---shortcomings aside---a beautiful sim!

In any case, hope you can solve this current issue so that I can fly my two favorite (not stock aircraft!) planes again.

Arne

• Both the DR400 and the cold and dark mod made by Jan have nothing to do with the core Aerofly FS 2 application.

As for both of these items they will both be updated to work again in FS2. The mod in particular is basically an after market add-on made by Jan. He will update it to work again i'm sure.

As for the DR400, this is only supposed to be used as a demo model for the aircraft converter SDK as I mentioned earlier. It too will be fixed to work in a bit.

These things happen when you are still making major changes to aircraft during development.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Did anybody with issues here download the latest SDK as well as the latest DR 400 from our Downloads section?

Please keep in mind, we are still in Early Access, that is why we sometimes publish updates that break user stuff, otherwise it wouldn't be possible to improve Aerofly.

Latest aircraft workshop is from 27/07/2017

Latest SDK version is from 04/10/2017.

If this is correct then yes I used the latest versions

Best, Sylvain