First cultivation tests...

• Is there a tutorial somewhere for this.

There will be once cultivation is optimized and improved a bit more. An early tutorial would be worthless until we finish working on the process.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• @TomSimMuc,

Thanks so much for sharing your testing with lighting. I wonder if you also have been experimenting with buildings and trees - if so, please share. I realize that the parameters might be adjusted for a given scenery area - forest versus desert and such - but perhaps you have learned some tricks. The nice thing is that the script file can have areas that are commented out and then returned to execution.

Also, most of us are ScenProc newbies and all I know to do right now is to download the OSM from GeoFabrik and then run the ScenProc script - but I just change the rectangular area lat-lon coordinates at the top of the script:

Example: ImportOGR|california-latest.osm|-117.079605;-117.514773;33.197878;33.291706|*|NOREPROJ

Are there any tips that we might be missing?

Thanks again

Dave W.

• It is included in the manual PDF of the soft pack itself, read or flip through and you will find. I think chapter 5.9 or something..,

I got it to work, that script was there, but when I cut and pasted it, I got ALOT of errors, had to manually type the entire thing in. I think it probably is adding extra chars but alas I got it to work.

Only problem now is if I add even one building, the game crashed, that is probably due to the type of building I am adding. I assume.

• How did you "add a even one building"?

There are few more things to do and to care of after generating the toc file.

Usually, when something is wrong in the tsc file or the structure, cultivation simply doesn't show up in the scenery. It never crashed my AFS2 yet...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Hi,

please make sure, you added the folder building_textures to your TSC folder.

It must contain the textures in ttx file format.

In my workshop there is another folder with the same name. It contains the BMP files for localizing the textures and then converting them. This folder will not work in aerofly,

Rodeo

• whitav8

thank you for your hints.

Regarding the plants, I found that additional randomness looks more natural.

You could try this:

#Plants
    PlacePointsInPolygon|landuse="forest"|0.00015;0.00015|0.7;0.7
    #
    CreateAF2Plant|landuse="forest" And FRAND >= 0.5|10;24|broadleaf
    CreateAF2Plant|landuse="forest" And FRAND < 0.5|10;22|conifer

Additionaly you might define a shape, where you want to exclude buildings or trees (taken from recent tip of Arno himself):

# Load Shapefile that defines an area like airports or motorways
    # that should filter out objects like trees etc.

ImportOGR|autobahn.shp|*|*|NOREPROJ

# Filter out the buildings, lights and plants that are within
    # the specified polygon
    AddAttributeIfInside|building="*"|FROMFILE="autobahn.shp"|String;skip|yes
    AddAttributeIfInside|point="light"|FROMFILE="autobahn.shp"|String;skip|yes
    AddAttributeIfInside|FTYPE="POINT" And landuse="forest"|FROMFILE="autobahn.shp"|String;skip|yes

UnloadFeatures|skip="yes"

Regards

Thomas

Cheers, Thomas

Edited 3 times, last by TomSimMuc: Script changed in FilterFeatures (October 19, 2017 at 11:54 AM).

• yes, we use such polygons to create a kind of corridor for roads and rivers, because database like CORINE have a lot of details but a rather coarse placement, similar to original trees of the Swiss DLC.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• yes, we use such polygons to create a kind of corridor for roads and rivers, because database like CORINE have a lot of details but a rather coarse placement, similar to original trees of the Swiss DLC.

Cheers

Antoine

Guys do you mind an example of the polygon mentioned? I guess there is an exampl of this autobahn.shp file that I missed to locate from somewhere?

Thanks in advence.

Luis Clement

• luisclement

autobahn.shp is just an example. You can generate it i.e. with QGIS.

A good article to generate a shp file: google for "Creating Shapefiles in QGIS"

Regards,

Thomas

Ah OK thank you, I was expecting a text file edited by hand with coordinates or somthing alike would do. I tried to use QGIS with no success, seems quite complex and not so user friendly without maybe readding a manual. I was hoping to just create a file with maybe the corner coordinates or something like it. :)

Luis Clement

• Interesting technical stuff. But instead of asking for tutorials I only have one other question: can we simple users download all this stuff one day, ready or use? That's all I am interested in, really. ;)

• I only have one other question: can we simple users download all this stuff one day, ready or use?

technically yes. OSM data may be used provided that the sources are credited. ScenProc may be used for free to make both freeware or payware sceneries, covering a scenery like Switzerland represents a few MB, so yes, compiled cultivation layers can be shared ready for use, like it has been the case for many years now with FSX/P3D, where you find complete sets of autogen per country. Just download, place in the proper folder and there you are.

We're not so far yet with AFS2, the cultivation concept is due to evolve somewhat to enable this. But one day we'll be there.

Cheers

Antoine