My cultivation and 3ds max work so far!

• Here are some pics of my work of these last 2 nights so far. A local filed that is home to gliders and ulm's. I used cultivation and own modeling with 3ds max 2017 so far. Thanks to Trenspessers and others for replies on helipng ,e out so far!!!

Would love to have a plugin to work on 3ds max 2018, devs please!! :) Tried the 2017 one but no go...

Cheers! Luis

• Salut Luis,

Very nice job indeed, congratulations !

I see you started planting a few trees, probably by hand.

There are some trees in OSM, mostly compact woods (no fences and isolated trees, and seldom trees in cities) usually without much information.

A good alternative source for vegetation is the CORINE database.

Currently there are only 2 kind of trees in AFS2, conifer and broadleaf, but no doubt the library will evolve with multiple species...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Salut Antoine, merci! Yes you are right I did "plant" some trees and some did not yet come out as I wanted. Been flying closer to the ones out there from OrbX to leran a thing or two and will remake still. My idea is to cover the region here around my home area, Nantes, first and later share to all. I do not know this CORINE database you mentioned but I will try to dig a bit. I did however have trouble working with GGIS, did not manage to undertand how to use the soft so used the osm download as it was, no editing, directly in scenProc and all worked well! Thanks again, let's keep the exchange.

Luis Clement

• Well, it's a learn by doing, trial and error process...

CORINE is free and will be especially useful when there are more trees species available in AFS2.

ScenProc has an integrated feature to spread clouds of points inside polygons to generate single trees, because AFS2 doesn't handle polygons of vegetation.

In FS we generate polygons, it's much lighter, and allows to automatically subtract intersecting polygons => typically when you have a road crossing a wood, so that trees don't get planted on the road.

But the drawback of compiled polygons is it makes post-compilation corrections more difficult, for instance when a bunch of trees fall into water or on a road, a house or whatever (CORINE database is quite comprehensive and covers 39 countries, but placement is quite coarse).

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.