Cessna Landing gear strut breaking

• I am new here, so if this is not an issue that should be asked in the forum, please delete/move, etc. I just bought Aerofly FS2 (PC version) about a week ago, and am very impressed. Well done! However, whenever the Cessna 172 is on the ground, it bounces all over the place and then the starboard gear strut breaks off. I have tried checking to see if brakes are on, etc, but can find no reason for this. Any suggestions? Or, is this a known issue for a future update? Thanks for your feedback.

• Hi and welcome to our forum.

You are more than welcome to post anything that you feel isn't right as we need to hear from the community.

As for your problem. Please let us know where this is happening. Is it on uneven terrain?

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hello, and thank you for responding.

It would appear to be on all runways and taxiways. If I am moving forward with reasonable speed, it is OK. However, slowing to normal taxi speed, or stopping, within seconds creates the aircraft bouncing up and down, and rotating leftward as it bounces. Then the right gear snaps and the sim resets. Will try and run some tests with same situation, location, etc, but other aircraft, and will keep you posted.

Kenneth

EDIT... OK, I ran a quick test. Starting on the ground at the end of runway 07 at KSBA (Santa Barbara). No winds. No brakes. When started with Cessna, same situation. Bouncing, rotation to left, gear snaps before even applying throttle.. Then started again, but with every aircraft in the fleet loaded one after the other. Every aircraft was stable, then back to the Cessna, and oops.. it did it again. This would suggest it is not a control assignment issue, because if it had been, one would assume consistent behavior across all aircraft models.

Edited once, last by KJKsimmer: Updated information... (October 19, 2017 at 6:06 AM).

• Hello KJK and welcome to our forums!

Can you please tell us your processor's exact name and the Aerofly version that you are currently running? From the main menu in Aerofly click the about button to see the version. What hardware do you use for the braking? Just a regular button or key or do you have fancy rudder pedals?

Thank you!

• Thank You for responding Jan.

1. Aerofly FS2 version is 2.0.1 EA5.00 (20171016)

2. Processor is Intel i5, 650 @3.20 ghz with 8g of RAM.

3. Wheel brakes (toe brakes. left and right) are controlled by Saitek Pro rudder pedals toe-brake axis.

4. Parking brake is controlled by a button on a Logitech joystick.

However, if it is something in my system, not sure why the problem only manifests in the Cessna, and no other aircraft in the fleet under the exact same conditions.

Thanks for your assistance, it is appreciated.

Regards,

Kenneth

• Hi Jan.

Glad to be of assistance.

Best of luck for the future development of this platform. It has enormous potential... Go for it. More areas of the world, better flight dynamics, greater selection of aircraft. Create the strategic alliances needed, and make it happen.

- Kenneth

• Hi guys, I can confirm this happening to me as well. This seems to be a new thing, because when I recorded a video with the Cessna (two of them) on October 22, both the default Cessna AND the Cold and Dark modded Cessna were fine. Tonight, I went to record new video, and I have this issue.

It occurs whether or not you press the brakes, or activate parking brakes. That one strut jitters then pops right off. It pops off even quicker on the modded Cessna, than on the default. It's rather hilarious, but will not really help me get to my destination.

I tried both versions of the Cessna, several times, and did a reboot of my computer. Issue was replicated, unfortunately. It appears that only the Cessna is affected.

Here is a private video for you to peruse. This one will NOT be made public.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Glad it's not just happening with me!.. However, wishing to make something positive out of this, maybe we can have a competition to see who can throw the wheel and strut the furthest! (Please don't take that seriously... Just having some fun with it). Good luck IPACS in solving this one.

By the way, what's the location of the airport in your video?

- Kenneth

• Any progress on fixing this situation with the Cessna gentlemen? It makes it unusable on the ground. I now start every Cessna flight in the air...

BTW, Belgeode, thanks for the airport reference..

- Kenneth

Where is this happening at?

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi Jeff.. For me, this is consistent. Every airport I have tried across the entire AF2 program, without fail. Belgeode, try a few other airports and see if you get it in other areas too. It happens with the stock 172, and also the "cold and dark" modification version. It does not matter if brakes are applied or not. Thanks for your feedback gentlemen.

- Kenneth

• If you have Steam verify your files, does the problem persist?

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• HiFlyer, I may have 30 years experience in Flight Sims, but only a month with AF2 and Steam. I do not know what you mean by "Have Steam verify your files."

1. Restart your computer and launch Steam
    2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
    4. Steam will verify the game's files - that may take several minutes.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I verified file integrity, and it said four files failed, and that these would be re-acquired. I was away from the computer when the checking was being done, so I hope the files were received and installed automatically. However, Cessna still unusable on the ground, still doing what is shown in Belgeode's earlier video.

- Kenneth