Aircraft converted with SDK are now invisible after the last update

• After the last update, the DR-400 is now invisible... also, the MB-326 and T-45 I was working on are invisible too.

The simulation loads and works as usual... but the 3D model is invisible.
    I have dowloaded the latest SDK and tried again... an no luck.
    Did I miss anything important in the last update?

Any suggestion?

• The DR400 will be updated shortly.

You will need to re-download the workshop again once we get it uploaded with the fixed aircraft.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I have re-downloaded the workshop and the updated DR400 source files... and I still have issues, in detail:

DR400
    - The aicraft now shows correctly in the simulation and works fine, but the preview is incorrect: the plane is invisible in the preview screem, but for the horizontal stabilizer

MB326 (my own model)

- The preview is generated correctly, but the aicraft is totally invisible in the simulation

Is there anything that I may have forgotten? Is there any change in the file format?
    Can we have more details of what is changed?

• MB326 (my own model)

- The preview is generated correctly, but the aicraft is totally invisible in the simulation

Is there anything that I may have forgotten? Is there any change in the file format?
    Can we have more details of what is changed?

Please open up a separate thread for this. So that we don't mix what is user made and what is made by us, makes it easier to track issues and also help you with your aircraft :)

There have been quite a number of changes... the quickest way to find out what's causing your aircraft to vanish is a look in the tm.log file. Some class were renamed (jointmulti to multibody_joint as an example) and if you created outputs from those object which now cannot be created anymore then you are trying to output "nothing" and that messes up the link between dynamics and graphics. Then you may see only part of the aircraft or nothing at all.

Other issues are a freezing simulation (mouse cursor rendered multiple times) or the sim resetting the aircraft over and over - those kind of crashes are physics releated (e.g. connection of rigidbodies via joints isn't done correctly or parameters aren't correct)

So if you describe further what exactly you are seeing then we can help you better.

E.g. can you still "fly" if you place the aircraft in the air? (just invisible?) -> link physics to graphics broken, check outputs (should be in the log file)

Is your aircraft placable in the air but drops like a rock? -> probably joints not found (log file)

Is the simulation freezing or constantly resetting? -> joints not set up correctly, if you just changed them undo the changes or weaken the joints.

• Ok - I will open a separate thread for the MB.326

As for the DR-400, after the source files and SDK update everything works as expected but for the preview in the aicraft selection screen.

The aicraft has been exported from max 2015 and recompiled with the latest aircraft SDK.
    This is what I get in the preview.
    The aicraft works fine and shows correctly in the sim.

• I have read here that one can replace the preview.ttx by a former version and it should be displayed correctly. Unfortunately i do not have the former version of this file so i cannot verify that.

Regards,

Thomas

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• very interesting. I converted this aircraft last night after downloading the appropriate files, and I have none of these issues.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I just downloaded the source files a couple of days ago and converted them and everything works perfect. I flew the Robin last night.

Could the problem be out-of-date source files, or perhaps leftover, older files remaining in folders? The OP stated that he downloaded the latest SDK, so that should be fine if he deleted all the old stuff. That's all the suggestions that I can think of, but I hope you find the problem.

Rick

• I see the same here: model is OK, but preview is not complete.

Could you have a view to my used versions?

It appears that you are still using the older version of the aircraft converter. You need to completely uninstall the old aircraft converter and install the latest version. Then delete the entire dr400 folder and try again.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff