• HI Guys,

I run AF2 using Steam VR with an Oculus CV1, however, when playing in high or ultra settings, I tend to get stuttering every few minutes or so, where you can 'see' the sensors and it feels like its reloading, which ruins immersion because can always make you feel a bit queezy!

One thing I've noticed is that even when I reduce the graphics settings, including reducing the scale factor from 2 to say 1.5, cumulus clouds seem to have a big impact on the stuttering regardless.

If I look in a specific area for a while, say out of the window, and then look back to centre, this also causes the above to happen.

I have tried running in Oculus VR mode from Steam, but the problem doesn't go away.

My specs are the following and I have upgraded all drivers, running sim version 2.0.1 EA5.00 (20171016)

Overclocked CPU: Overclocked Intel® Core™ i7-7800X Six Core (3.50GHz @ up to 4.6GHz)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING: ATX

Memory (RAM): 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

Graphics Card: 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti

1st Hard Disk: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD

2nd Hard Disk: 3TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD

Thanks and I welcome any advice.

• Try changing the ingame fps settings. (Vsync tends to cause stutters, as well as heavy cumulus)

Experiment with reduced shadow settings.

Set nvidia control panel to default settings.

Kill any fancy settings in nvidia inspector (if you have that installed)

Defrag your non- ssd hard drive.

Consider moving aerofly to your ssd, if it's not already there, as an experiment.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• The ingame fps settings should cause no issues, when in Oculus VR mode as it will disable them.

We strongly recommend to run an Oculus headset using the native mode and not through Steam VR.

The 'glitches' you report when in Oculus mode, are probably caused by 'Asynchronous Spacewarp':

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/asynchronous-spacewarp/

We have seen them on our systems as well and the only solution for now is to turn this feature off. Have a look here on how to do that:

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/…nous-spacewarp/

Since you report the stuttering appears only every minute or so, its probably caused by loading/unloading a complete new airport.
    This process runs in the background and should have no performance impact, BUT if this airport and all its associated textures are
    uploaded to the GPU, the system temporarily needs 50 to almost 500ms to upload all this data and this is
    what you see as stuttering.

Try to fly over an area with no airports in the vicinity, if you don't see those issues, we were right, if not, something else
    is causing this.

In this case, reduce graphic settings, especially cumulus clouds. On your 1080 TI you can leave everything else on ULTRA,
    but the INSANE shadow setting might be too much in certain situations, so experiment with this as well.