• Hey all,

I've been starting to learn the A320 based off a tutorial J Van E wrote here. I've been following it well and almost everything is working. However when the plane goes into descent and asks for more drag, I pull down the speedbrakes lever and it doesn't seem to do its job. The plane takes too long to slow, and because of it the plane doesn't descend fast enough and goes off from its vertical path. I am going into descent just before the TOD arrow and that's all working fine.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• Hi,

the current add brake message appears too early, a lot of the times you actually don't really need to add drag cause it will still catch up with the profile in time. Internally I've made changes already and now the drag message comes up much later, only when you won't be able to intercept the profile before the next altitude constraint. (which are also not implemented yet in the public beta)

However with speedbrakes you should be able to intercept the profile. Make sure you are in managed speed mode or select a high airspeed to increase drag as much as possible. If you fly slow with speedbrakes extended they will be retracted automatically to prevent an early stall so you need to stay above the yellow line that marks the low speed area (VLS - velocity low speed).

Can you please tell me what route you are flying? Maybe the profile is too steep or something.

Regards,

Jan

• Thanks for the reply. I do notice when I turn on speedbrakes that the autothrottle increases.

The flights I have been doing are at FL220, one between KSFO and KLAX and one between KLAX and KPHX. FL220 should be fine for those flights, but I have a feeling the profile is a bit steep. The plane descends at around 1100 fpm but the altitude in the profile drops faster and the plane doesn't catch up to it.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

Edited once, last by Asheroo (October 28, 2017 at 8:34 AM).

• I just did another flight from KPHX to KSLC at FL240. It descended normally, so maybe it was that the profile was too steep. But this time the autothrottle did its job and decelerated whereas on those previous flights the autothrottle didn't pull back far enough. Also the TOD arrow didn't appear until way later when the plane reached the programmed altitude. I knew when to start descent from the "decelerate" message. I did read in another thread about there being such issues with the TOD arrow.

- Ashley