I've been geconverting a chunk of the north of England for about 36 hours and was expecting it to be finished this morning. However when I checked last night, the progress % was stuck showing as below. I waited for a good while but there was no change, and when it was still showing the same thing about 9 hours later I shut the goeconvert task. ..THEN I discovered that the scenery folder had been creating TTC files right up until the point i quit!
Any ideas what happened? If it helps the diagnosis this is what had happened prior.
- I began it 12 hours earlier (Friday night)- under geoconvert helper. Ran it for an hour, then realised it was going to max my C drive (132gb of source), so I quit, rebooted, copied the entire SDK to a D drive and ran again
- The following morning I checked on progress and had no TTC files. After examining the TMC I saw it said no masks (even though I'd ticked masks in the helper) and I have plenty of coast so I quit again, rebooted, cleaned up the input_aerial_images folder and this time ran it without the helper, starting with an INF2TFW conversion and modifying the TMC to make masks & PNGs
- Then I got the frozen thing
So I'm wondering.
- How did this happen?
- How far did it get? It produced 5,480 level 13s before I stopped it and had made 1,611 level 11s - does that indicate anything
- Do I have to rerun it... again! or can I make the missing bits, and how do I work out what they are
- Oh and the PNGs showed me I'd missed a few tiles when alpha masking the coast - do I need to redo the whole thing or can I convert just what I need and copy/replace the correct TTC files
It's a hell of a learning curve this geoconvert.