HELP - Geoconvert froze on me.. ish

• I've been geconverting a chunk of the north of England for about 36 hours and was expecting it to be finished this morning. However when I checked last night, the progress % was stuck showing as below. I waited for a good while but there was no change, and when it was still showing the same thing about 9 hours later I shut the goeconvert task. ..THEN I discovered that the scenery folder had been creating TTC files right up until the point i quit!

Any ideas what happened? If it helps the diagnosis this is what had happened prior.

1. I began it 12 hours earlier (Friday night)- under geoconvert helper. Ran it for an hour, then realised it was going to max my C drive (132gb of source), so I quit, rebooted, copied the entire SDK to a D drive and ran again
    2. The following morning I checked on progress and had no TTC files. After examining the TMC I saw it said no masks (even though I'd ticked masks in the helper) and I have plenty of coast so I quit again, rebooted, cleaned up the input_aerial_images folder and this time ran it without the helper, starting with an INF2TFW conversion and modifying the TMC to make masks & PNGs
    3. Then I got the frozen thing

So I'm wondering.

1. How did this happen?
    2. How far did it get? It produced 5,480 level 13s before I stopped it and had made 1,611 level 11s - does that indicate anything
    3. Do I have to rerun it... again! or can I make the missing bits, and how do I work out what they are
    4. Oh and the PNGs showed me I'd missed a few tiles when alpha masking the coast - do I need to redo the whole thing or can I convert just what I need and copy/replace the correct TTC files

It's a hell of a learning curve this geoconvert.

• I never convert the ewuivalent to more than 12 area counts in FSET. Happened to me several times when I try to convert large areas. I think it's better to split the whole area in serveral blocks instead of trying to convert a huge area at once.

Cheers, Ed

• "It's a hell of a learning curve this geoconvert."

I will add this... A new tutorial is needed too, with a "For Dummies A-B-C approach to it. As this platform grows in popularity, more people will come to it with zero background in the sim, or its tools. We could do with a tutorial that assumes total ignorance, and takes baby-steps to explaining it all without assuming that the reader/viewer already knows the technicalities more experienced people take for granted.. "You need this tool, go to these resources, a file with this extention goes here, etc"

- Kenneth

• I managed to create a few areas following this video tutorial, but today I tried a new area (bigger than before) and geoconvert 1.07 crashed everytime. I will download the new version and I'll try again.

This is the tutorial:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'd appreciate an "official video tutorial" from IPACS though. :)