Colorado Ready For Takeoff!

• Hello IPACS.

Just in case others report this black building issue in the Colorado scenery, I offer the following input, having now spent more than a few hours with it today.

1. This only happens to buildings in the Colorado scenery. I have your DLCs of Switzerland and New York, and I can state nothing like this has happened in any area other than the new one. This does not suggest a video card issue, it suggests that the video card is handling something that is different in the way this new scenery is working, or put together. If we isolate that, we are closer to a solution. So what is different in this new scenery when it comes to handling buildings?

2. I was wrong in saying there are no textures. I tried flying straight at a "black building" and when I got within a few hundred feet of it, the textures faded in.

3. This only happens on certain buildings. For example, look at the attached screenshot. The city skyscrapers have textures that are consistent, and visible regardless of distance. Now look under the port wing, there are some buildings with clear textures that also never lose them. However, some are just black blocks, and it is these that we must draw attention to. Something is different in these buildings. But what?

4. I know nothing about design in your sim, but I am hearing terms like "cultivation." Is this only a reference to trees? OR to a new class of buildings too? Is it possible that some buildings are placed in your sceneries as individual items, while others are generated in the same way as "Autogen" in say, FSX? If so, are the black buildings autogen, while the ones with consistent textures are placed manually? And if that is the case, does this provide a clue?

5. This issue is not effected by changes in resolution, weather, display quality, etc. The black buildings are black no matter what setting is used.

I know the suggestion has been made to download the latest graphic card drivers, but I think that's going about it the wrong way. Why? Because this issue only exists in one specific scenery area of your product and nowhere else in your product on the same computer. This may suggest a technical change at your end in the way buildings are designed or displayed in this new DLC. Besides, I am not willing to make driver changes in case they negatively impact other sims that I have far more time and money invested in.

I like what I see with AF2, and I am rooting for your success. Time alone will tell whether I alone see this black building issue. In the meantime, you know if there's something different in the implementation of building visibility or design in this DLC. If that helps to isolate the issue, then this thread will serve a greater purpose than my individual problem solving.

- Kenneth

• Kenneth,

as I mentioned before no one else has mentioned this issue and I have just tested this scenery extensively and have found no issues at all. The darker buildings are likely how the shaders are being processed which indicates that you would need the latest GPU drivers. I suggest that you confirm that you have the latest drivers before moving forward with any more troubleshooting. I have seen this before and it was always the drivers causing it.

So I suggest that you confirm that you have the latest drivers, then if you are still having trouble, post a new thread with this problem outside of this thread so that it's easier to find and track.

There is one other thing to try here, go ahead and delete the 'main.mcf' file located in your Documents\Aerofly FS 2 folder. This can also clear your problem up. You will only have to reset your graphics settings and it will not affect your controls.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff