What does VR ready mean

• Hello All.

I am extremely keen on Aerofly FS2. The future looks very bright.

However, When I bought my new computer recently it said that it's VR ready. What does this mean?

After reading all the posts there was no doubt in my mind that I just had to get VR, and have read every post on the subject since. I am

not in a position to get it now but hopefully in 2018. Am I right in believing that you don't need a monitor? if this is right it's truly unbelievable.

So to sum up. 1. what does VR ready on a computer mean?

2. do you require a monitor to run in VR.

Thank you in advance for your reply. I'm just trying to understand the basic's at this stage.

Jim Taranakian.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Jim,

you will still need a monitor along with your VR headset. The PC is still a PC when not running something (such as Aerofly) in VR.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thank you Clayton and Jeff. You have both answered with exactly what I wanted to know.

Thanks again gentleman.

Jim.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH