ALL COLORADO IN 3 D ?...IPACS, CONGRATULATIONS

• Yesterday, I downloaded the DLC "Colorado". My first contact was to start a landing in Denver. Then, I took off and took a few turns flying low over the airport; then I went to the city. As I began to fly over the first houses, I noticed a different sensation, a feeling that the flight was more real. Immediately I could see that all the single-family houses that I was in were in 3 D. That surprised me extraordinarily since the feeling of flight was much more real and that is very rewarding. I continued flying in search of the city center, where the buildings are higher. Then I flew in all directions to see if it really was all in 3 D. Denver, has a huge horizontal extension and absolutely everything in 3 D. Then I approached Telluride, a track located in a very peculiar and very picturesque place for precision landings with the F-18 or F-15. I looked for the small town and ... also everything in 3 D. Then, I approached Rocky Mountain and also everything in 3 D. Even I have the impression that the mountains and the entire surface the ground, has a higher resolution, something that is appreciated. Well, after this pleasant discovery, we must assume that everything that occurs from now on, will be in 3 D. It will be like this, IPACS ?.

Regards: Delfin

Edited once, last by delfinpm (November 10, 2017 at 11:00 PM).

• Not everywhere are there 3D buildings, only just in particular areas. However indeed it is awesome!! It makes such a big difference.

IPACS - might there at some stage be an update to Western USA/Utah/Switzerland with some building autogen? :)

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• "IPACS - might there at some stage be an update to Western USA/Utah/Switzerland with some building autogen?"

It would be a good move for IPACS, and I hope they do it, as it represents an upward evolution of the platform. However, for some of us with older computers that cannot keep up to such evolution, it would mean either a new computer or abandoning the use of AF2... Maybe IPACS will have to up their suggested specs as they advance the platform. This is not negativity, it is reality. Program advance often comes at a cost for the user, regardless of which platform they use.

Time to start shopping for a new system KJKsimmer!.. Or, back to my old (and old fashioned) FSX.

Keep up the good work IPACS.

• "IPACS - might there at some stage be an update to Western USA/Utah/Switzerland with some building autogen?"

It would be a good move for IPACS, and I hope they do it, as it represents an upward evolution of the platform. However, for some of us with older computers that cannot keep up to such evolution, it would mean either a new computer or abandoning the use of AF2... Maybe IPACS will have to up their suggested specs as they advance the platform. This is not negativity, it is reality. Program advance often comes at a cost for the user, regardless of which platform they use.

Time to start shopping for a new system KJKsimmer!.. Or, back to my old (and old fashioned) FSX.

Keep up the good work IPACS.

Well, AF does have building density and other detail sliders, if your system begins to strain...... Even just minimizing shadows can give your fps quite a boost.

The only one that doesn't work that well is tree density which is simply binary: on or off.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Clayton4115, I have 30+ years of experience invested in the MSFS platform. Made my living from it for eight years (a long time ago!)... And now I have four weeks invested in AF2. I also have many thousands of dollars invested in addons. FSX will be my sim of choice for a long time, even as clunky as it is.

HiFlyer, sadly, my computer is now seven years old. I was amazed it even ran AF2 at all. BUT, I run it with everything set to medium, (sometimes even low) and no clouds at all, and sometimes no trees! I can't even upgrade the video card driver because the manufacturer no longer supports it.

Yes, it is time to invest in a new computer. But my time, finances and energy are mostly going to the new book of which I am the author. The computer will have to wait a wee while... But then, FSX will be replaced by P3dv4, and AF2 will run to its full potential too.

I see great potential in AF2. It needs to grow beyond its current level, and IPACS are doing what they can, which is remarkable for a small team. But, I sincerely hope they can build strategic alliances with scenery designers, aircraft designers, publishers, marketers, and utility designers to tap into the potential it has. There is a need for a pure flight sim that gives the feeling of flight, while leaving systems-rich and study-level approaches to others. AF2 potentially can do what Microsoft tried (and failed) to do with "Flight." If IPACS has the vision, and are willing to attract the right team around them, there's no telling what this can become.

Those of us who see the vision must continue to encourage them, even if sometimes that encouragement comes disguised as minor criticism or frustration during these foundational days. We early adopters are pioneers.

- Kenneth

An absolutely surprising result: that in my first contact with the "DLC Colorado", I landed in 4 airports (of which, yesterday in my thread, I described 3. The fourth is Aspen Pitkin, also in 3 D), with its corresponding cities, all its buildings in 3 D. At that moment very satisfied, I admitted that a new stage was beginning: everything in the design and production of scenarios in Ipacs, would be in 3 D; for that reason, in that thread I showed my satisfaction.

However, today with real perplexity, I discover the opposite: in my next contact with 8 airports (Lak County, Central Colorado, Glenwood Springs, Meeker Coulter, Yampa Valley, Craig Moffat, Montrose, Gunnison Crested), and their corresponding cities or villas, large or small, I discover the opposite: all in 2 D. To the joy of yesterday, the disappointment of today. This is life, but if you have already designed and realized those cities in 3 D, it means that it is approaching (and I hope very quickly), all in 3 D.

Kind regards: delfin

Edited once, last by delfinpm (November 11, 2017 at 12:14 PM).

• but if you have already designed and realized those cities in 3 D, it means that it is approaching (and I hope very quickly), all in 3 D.

Agreed. My two main problems with Aerofly FS 2 are: lack of a weather engine and lack of autogen. I just can't stand photoreal without autogen. Even when flying the Airbus I can see if a city down there is totally flat or not and it kills the immersion for me. I also got VERY excited when I did my first flight around Denver: this is how it should be everywhere! Hopefully we will get this soon indeed. Plus a weather engine. ;)

• Well if you think that Colorado is a FREE update.... I would take it as a very nice gift. in general it's outstanding.

I would have gladly paid a small amount for that state/DLC.

I Mean come on, i have paid for ORBX Meg's field and it's only a city with one airport.

Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4