• Is anyone here using 3DSmax 2017?

I had a chance to give it a try. I opened the Kingman example, and installed also the 3DSmax 2017 plugin.

I followed the conversion steps, but systematically after conversion the output TGI files are very small compared to the TGI provided in the archive.

Of course, when I try converting these TGI files, I only get errors from the Content Converter.
    When I try converting the TGI files provided with the archive, everything runs smooth and I get KIGM in AFS2.

Thus my problem is really related to the TGI output from 3DSMax and I cannot figure out what's wrong.
    The airport opens properly in 3DSMax, I thoroughly followed the steps to install the plug-in (quite straight forward), I select the rwy element and export as IPACS TGI, it runs without error, but I only get this small file.

I tried other plug-ins (2016 and former), but they crash, only the 2017 plug-in doesn't crash.

Is there anything I could do wrong? If anybody successfully exported TGIs from 3DSmax 2017 it would set the plugin out of cause...

Thanks in advetance for your help

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• We only have up to Max 16 plug in. We will provide an update in the future for Max 17.

If you have the license for Max 17 you can always just install Max 16 for now as the 2017 license is backward compatible

Also, I made an extensive tutorial on the wiki for making an airport in 3DS Max, you might want to take a look at it.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Not many people, if any. Nobody would pay more than 1,500 bucks to add a building in an airport.

Cheers, Ed

3DS Max is a professional modelling studio that is used by most major developers (some use Cinema4D). The use of 3DS Max here is meant to attract major developers and encourage them to make 3rd party products for Aerofly. You can indeed make high quality models with the use of this product, and those that have even basic knowledge of 3DS Max can yield positive results by just following my detailed tutorial.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff