I won’t fly in a land without trees now.

• if you are enjoying this, i recommend downloading Qgis to inspect the OSM data, and you should see how the data are recorded in OSM and how to reference that in scenproc. Theres plenty on google for how to import osm files.

• Hi Rodeo.

Could the spc file be modified to read classifications like "wood" in OSM data, and interpret those areas as if they were "forest" as far as creating scenery? Or, could lines be added to an spc to actually put trees in areas that are classified other than forest?

- Kenneth

• Rodeo,

I put a polygon in GoogleEarth around my airport and saved it as a kml file - then referenced it in the SPC file but it wasn't simply named "exclude.kml" but another name - is that a problem as long as I edited the SPC file for the name change? I didn't see the exclusion work - still several buildings and lights within the exclusion. Also, the exclusion file had maybe 10 points for the polygon definition - does it need to be more rectangular. Any ideas - I will keep experimenting.

Secondly, is there any way to reduce the density of the lights by having fewer points per mile - are there values in the SPC file for adjustment of that? For VR, I really need fewer lights (and I wish we could have some alternate light point textures that didn't have so much halo in VR)

Thanks for all your efforts!

Dave W.

• Hi Dave,

I didn't test with a more complex polygon, I will do so shortly.

The name is not relevant, as long as you edit the name entries in the SPC.

There exist several versions for filtering in the SPC. Currently I use this setup:

# Filter out the buldings, lights and plants

# that are within the exclude polygons

AddAttributeIfInside|building="*"|FROMFILE="exclude.kml"|String;skip|yes

AddAttributeIfInside|point="light"|FROMFILE="exclude.kml"|String;skip|yes

AddAttributeIfInside|FTYPE="POINT" And landuse="forest"|FROMFILE="exclude.kml"|String;skip|yes

UnloadFeatures|skip="yes"

#

It means, that all objects within the polygon get an attribute skip=yes. They will subsequently unloaded from memory and not processed.

This is the setting of point density for lights:

PlacePointsAlongLine|highway="motorway"|SINGLE|45;55|6;6|25|String;point|plight|hdg

The values 45;55 define the minimum;maximum distance between the points.

The values 6;6 define the minimum;maximum offset from the street axis.

The value 25 defines the distance from the start point of the line for the first point.

When you load the SPC into scenProc and you point with the mouse to any of these lines, you will get an explanation window!

Good success

Rodeo

• Hi

Has anyone been able to get the FilterFeatures command to work with the DISTANCE_FEATURE argument.

I have a heavily forested rail bed that I am trying to remove the trees from.

Arno's example would indicate that the following should remove trees from a 20m clearance along the rail line feature..

FilterFeatures|FTYPE="POINT" AND type="tree"|railway="rail"|DISTANCE_FEATURE|20

Point features have been added to a landuse="forest" polygon (I assume the points get an attribute of type="tree")

the railway feature has a railway="rail" attribute

but the FilterFeatures command filters 0 features.

An alternative is to add a landuse="railway" polygon around the rail bed and use AddAttributeIfInside tag the offending tree features with skip.

The results look good but I would like to avoid manually deforesting highways, railways and rivers.

Any thoughts?

cheers

Stu

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10