CYZX Scenery: Beta Released

• I'm not too sure what exactly are you looking for? There are many step-by-step tutorials already.

I believe KJKsimmer is looking for a guide on where would the best place be to start, some sort of sequential flow.

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• I believe KJKsimmer is looking for a guide on where would the best place be to start, some sort of sequential flow.

Yes, that would be the wiki

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Excellent scenery!. Just finished to geoconvert the area of the airport and the views are gorgeus!. Congrats!.

One minor thing to report: the tower height is currently set to an altitude lower than the airport altitude (lower than 29m). I've changed the tower height to 50m in the .tsc file and now the tower view works Ok here. I don't know if changing the tower height to auto-true will also work (not tested).

Thanks for sharing your great scenery.

Cheers, Ed

• I was thinking perhaps I could setup a twitch.tv session with you, and go thru the entire process from the first step.

Hi Mustang...

Thank you for that offer. I appreciate it. I have now looked at the wiki, and while I appreciate Jeff saying that it is a step-by-step, it really is only that when a person already has a 3d design program they are familiar with, and they already have FSET and have used it. In my case, I really am starting from scratch. I have now downloaded FSET, but have never used it, so I need to get up to speed on that. I have also now downloaded the sdk tools, but have yet to begin looking at them. And as for a 3d design program, well, the question is which one and how much do I want to spend on something I may or may not get into?

This is what I mean by step by step. Imagine someone who has just bought AF2, spent a month with it, and after joining the forum has appreciated there's more possibilities here for customization. BUT, that's where their experience starts and stops. As AF2 grows in popularity, which it will (massively), there will be others who fall into this category. Their experience level (novice), must be catered for in easy-flow documentation that misses nothing out.

Why is this important? The MSFS popularity grew because of addons created by both the fans and the designers out there. The same phenomena will happen here. We are the forefront of it, so we must make the trail as easy to follow as possible.

Yes, the wiki is amazing (Thank you Jeff) - I have been adding an airport and objects for the last two hours, without graphics that is (KSLI) - But, even the wiki itself states that some familiarity with tools (and even how the geographic co-ordinate system works) is needed.

Enjoying this obsession... Ahem, I mean adventure!

Mustang, I will likely take you up on that offer fairly soon.

- Kenneth

• Kenneth,

there are many on here to help you through everything. Ask lots of questions and you will pick it all up in no time at all. Good luck and we hope to see lot's of screenshots of your work in the future :)

Yes unfortunately, the wiki assumes that you have a basic knowledge of the applications that you will use. But we did try to make it as easy as possible. In time we will improve them even more.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Excellent scenery!. Just finished to geoconvert the area of the airport and the views are gorgeus!. Congrats!.

One minor thing to report: the tower height is currently set to an altitude lower than the airport altitude (lower than 29m). I've changed the tower height to 50m in the .tsc file and now the tower view works Ok here. I don't know if changing the tower height to auto-true will also work (not tested).

Thanks for sharing your great scenery.

Cheers, Ed

Thanks, looking at Tower height now. I will fix it for next release.

• I decided to jump in and get to grips with FSET, Geoconvert, etc. So, my first attempt is a photo background for Greenwood. I did not notice your FSET.ini file, so I am doing it myself. I have started with a small 5nm x 5nm block, but it has been processing for at least 15 hours now, and the Geoconvert is only at 87% (around 4000 of 11250 tiles, now on level 14.) When I went to bed last night it was at 80%. I thought it would have been finished through the night for sure.

I followed a video tutorial on You Tube. I am using the Helper, and am generating levels 9, 11, 12, 13, 14.

Is this typical of the length of time to do one small airport background?

- Kenneth

• I decided to jump in and get to grips with FSET, Geoconvert, etc. So, my first attempt is a photo background for Greenwood. I did not notice your FSET.ini file, so I am doing it myself. I have started with a small 5nm x 5nm block, but it has been processing for at least 15 hours now, and the Geoconvert is only at 87% (around 4000 of 11250 tiles, now on level 14.) When I went to bed last night it was at 80%. I thought it would have been finished through the night for sure.

I followed a video tutorial on You Tube. I am using the Helper, and am generating levels 9, 11, 12, 13, 14.

Is this typical of the length of time to do one small airport background?

- Kenneth

I only generate 13, 14. Perhaps I am doing it wrong myself but I get good results very quickly.

• Mustang,

Thanks for the great airport! You packaged it just perfectly - we can do the FSET effort so easily with the files that you provided - it should be the model (list of files) for any other efforts from the rest of us.

Are the buildings a combination of VREF models and your own - and how did you do the sharp taxi lines. Where did you find the great P-3 aircraft models?

Thanks again

Dave W.

• Mustang,

Thanks for the great airport! You packaged it just perfectly - we can do the FSET effort so easily with the files that you provided - it should be the model (list of files) for any other efforts from the rest of us.

Are the buildings a combination of VREF models and your own - and how did you do the sharp taxi lines. Where did you find the great P-3 aircraft models?

Thanks again

Dave W.

Thanks for the compliments

The buildings were done by me from Hires Photos I have of most if not all the buildings here. It is fairly easy to do manually when you have good photos. THe aurora I believe came from Sketchup and was converted. (I did a video tutorial on how to do that)

• According to Jeff, it was not something that could be customized yet, however, given the inquisitive and innovative nature of this group, I wondered if Mustang had found a work-around. It would be a great feature if there was a "landmarks.tsc" that could be customized to one's delight. If a person could add their own local towns and their co-ordinates to such a list it would be helpful.

- Kenneth