Serious lack of parking spots

• I am doing a lot of test flights today with the Q400 and I am getting annoyed with the lack of parkings spots this sim has. Even some larger airports with more a few runways often only have one parking spot and it often is an odd spot too. I did read somewhere you can add your own parking spot but sorry, that's not my job: imho the developers should give us enough parking spots to choose from. I never start a flight right on the runway, which imho is totally unrealistic, so I really hope that IPACS will add a realistic amount of places to start from in the future.

• Independing if IPACS will modify the number of parking spots or not:

Just add the bold part to any airport .tsc file you need and adapt the coordinate.

Thats it. A job of less then 60 seconds. No recompilation or whatever necessary.

You easily find the required coordinate in google earth for example.

<[list_tmsimulator_parking_position][parking_positions][]

<[tmsimulator_parking_position][element][0]

<[vector2_float64][position][11.627970 48.071115]>

<[float64][heading][160]>

<[string8][name][Start Position #1]>

>

<[tmsimulator_parking_position][element][1]

<[vector2_float64][position][11.627770 48.071115]>

<[float64][heading][160]>

<[string8][name][Start Position #1]>

>

>

Regards

Thomas

Cheers, Thomas

• A job of less then 60 seconds.

Nice but as I said but that's not part of my hobby. It may be easy and so on but I'd have to do that for every airport out there whenever I discover I'd like another parking spot. We are talking about a few spots for every airport here. That's not done in 60 seconds, that takes ages. FSX and P3D all have loads of parking spots in realistic places: Aerofly should have them too. Only ONE spot in an odd place at a large airport just doesn't cut it. I would hate having to quit Aerofly FS 2 whenever I want to do a flight because I am missing yet another parking spot. (Just as I hated it in XP11 that I needed to download yet another freeware airport and a few libraries because an airport was totally empty on arrival). Things like this should simply come with the sim.

• I've created many parking spots at the airports I'm interested in, using http://www.mygeoposition.com, after viewing the real parking spots at those airports and taking the same exact coordinates. It's easy and fun!.

Cheers, Ed

• I am doing a lot of test flights today with the Q400 and I am getting annoyed with the lack of parkings spots this sim has. Even some larger airports with more a few runways often only have one parking spot and it often is an odd spot too. I did read somewhere you can add your own parking spot but sorry, that's not my job: imho the developers should give us enough parking spots to choose from. I never start a flight right on the runway, which imho is totally unrealistic, so I really hope that IPACS will add a realistic amount of places to start from in the future.

Yes, I've actually had the same problem when doing the tutorial flights. We'll see what we can do about adding more ramp positions. One parking spot for LAX is certainly not enough.

• Nice but as I said but that's not part of my hobby. It may be easy and so on but I'd have to do that for every airport out there whenever I discover I'd like another parking spot. We are talking about a few spots for every airport here. That's not done in 60 seconds, that takes ages. FSX and P3D all have loads of parking spots in realistic places: Aerofly should have them too. Only ONE spot in an odd place at a large airport just doesn't cut it. I would hate having to quit Aerofly FS 2 whenever I want to do a flight because I am missing yet another parking spot. (Just as I hated it in XP11 that I needed to download yet another freeware airport and a few libraries because an airport was totally empty on arrival). Things like this should simply come with the sim.

+1

I want to believe that the reason behind placing the parking spot aisolated in the middle of nowhere is because they don't have a pushback system implemeted, and it would be frustating for some players that they don't know that they can get the job done using the reverses.

• +1

I want to believe that the reason behind placing the parking spot aisolated in the middle of nowhere is because they don't have a pushback system implemeted, and it would be frustating for some players that they don't know that they can get the job done using the reverses.

Yeah but there are a lot more places where you don't need push back and they still used a not so convenient location. I'm currently collecting a large list of airports that could get more parking spots. It's crazy how many of the big airports currently just have one parking spot - I'll add them myself if that is what it takes :)

By the way, you guys could help me with that, if we start a thread for this and share the locations then I can check them out and you might be able to share your desired starting positions. Don't over-do it just yet, I'll set up some rules if you guys are interested.