Video tutorial: cultivation

• Hi guys,

oh no, I did it again: Another video tutorial to show the workflow of cultivation.

With OSM data and scenProc this can be done extremely fast.

aerofly FS 2 cultivation

Rodeo

This is the scenProc definition file used in the tutorial:

aerofly_rodeo.zip

This is the download link for scenProc:

scenProc download site

• Excellent, thank you so much Rodeo. I have finally worked it out thanks to your tutorial :-) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• I have followed this tutorial but the cultivation isn't showing. I have a feeling it has to do with the dummy runway. I tried just copying and pasting the tmb file from Honolulu in the Hawaiian pack. As for the tsc, I'm using an already made one with a working airport, so I just added those cultivation lines using Notepad ++. Does the tmb somehow need to be edited to reflect the tsc?

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• Yeah I have it all there. Attached is my tsc. It's for Kelowna (BC, Canada). The airport spawns work fine.

Files

• cylw.zip

(924 Byte, downloaded 80 times, last: )

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• I've got it working. In another thread TomSimMuc solved a similar issue stating to add a runway object section to the TSC file. Have done that and the cultivation shows. Unfortunately the data in the area I chose is quite poor - only some areas of buildings along the main road and no forests. Time to have a browse around OpenStreetMap!

This is quite exciting stuff, especially considering how cultivation is in early stages and is relatively easy to achieve along with orthoimagery. Now if only airport design (without extra modelling software) was easy so we could easily build basic airports.

Keep up the awesome work Aerofly and thank you very much for these video tutorials Rodeo.

- Ashley

• Fantastic. I've just flown over my cultivated house and local village. It's great how easily this works. I suppose the next thing is to tweak the cultivation mappings. I live in a rural area. House are stone or red brick so the default house shape isn't the best fit. The other thing is whether cultivation technique can be used as a quicker way to add objects. For example there's a local monument on top of a hill which is cultivated as a single storey suburban house. I know I could exclude and model individually but if there was a generic monument in a library somewhere could I code up the building as that? I've read about needing to edit things in a GIS. Is there a good open source option? (I'm going to try this: http://www.qgis.org)

• Hi Phil,

great news, thanks for telling us about your success.

Cultivation is still in an early phase. We expect that in later versions we can add xref objects in cultivation files. So when we increase the xref base, we have easy access to the library. But local monuments may still be a task for individual placement?

What you can do to localize the textures:
    In my airport design package you'll find a folder with the original BMP for the building_textures. If you can modify some of them with a brick or stone facade, we get another texture style for the buildings.

QGIS is the one to go for, since it is completely open source.

Rodeo

• Hi Rodeo:

I'm probably missing something, but I cannot find the 75 building textures in .ttx format as shown in your excellent video. Could you please point me in the right direction to find them?.

Thanks, Ed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | i7-5820k | 32GB RAM | 3xSSD Samsung 1TB | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11GB | LG 29UC97C UW Curved | Oculus Rift VR | TM FCS HOTAS // Gaming Laptop ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL704GW | Windows 10 Home | i7-8750H | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Nvidia RTX 2070 | TM FCS HOTAS

• Thanks!. They're there!.

Ed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | i7-5820k | 32GB RAM | 3xSSD Samsung 1TB | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11GB | LG 29UC97C UW Curved | Oculus Rift VR | TM FCS HOTAS // Gaming Laptop ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL704GW | Windows 10 Home | i7-8750H | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Nvidia RTX 2070 | TM FCS HOTAS

• Hi Rodeo:

Thanks for your video. It's quite easy to follow. Good results here!.

When cultivating some areas, I've noticed that there areas with more trees than others. Is there a way to manipulate something to allow for more trees to be generated, or is it something related to the map file created by OSM?.

Cheers, Ed

• Hi,

my scenProc definition file contains a lot of settings, but it is only a suggestion.

You can modify the lines for your own purpose.

When you start scenProc and load the SPC, move the mouse to a line to see a short help function.

The distance between the tree points is set to 0.00025 degrees, but with a maximum randomness of 1.

You may decrease the distance of the trees.

In earlier settings we have seen a very regular pattern of trees with a randomness of 0. I suggest you try a value between 0 and 1.

• Thanks. Reduced a bit the distance between the tree points from 0.00025 to 0.00020 degrees and a randomness of 0.2 instead of 1.0 and now I have a lot more trees.

One more question, though:

The trees will be placed only in "forest polygons"?. So, if this is the case, how to define a "forest polygon"?. I observe that trees not necessarily appear near to the cultivation buildings (houses), as I would like to, but only in non-populated areas (forest?).

Cheers, Ed

Edited once, last by edpatino ().

• Keep in mind that cultivation is still in early stages. Over time it will be improved.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff