• I know i'm being impatient, but i'm trying to get up to speed with AC3D as quickly as possible. The problem with youtube is that the role of the ipacs exporter and library objects is crucial. At this stage i don't think i need to learn all the ins and outs of AC3D to get a tower and runway in. Mastery of modelling can come later. Rodeo is producing great videos but that will take time. 'experts' in general tend not to realise what pitfalls a newbie encounters, so i'm inviting others who are right at the start of learning AC3D for the specific purpose of creating an airfield to share their learnings. I'm assuming you have already:

1) Downloaded the sdk and installed the converter

2) Downloaded the 'make your own airport' and successfully added another library object to kdwh

3) Seen Rodeo's video on starting a new airfield and adding a background image, sized to your airfield

If you haven't done these steps yet, i'd recommend you do. If you have done this and got further than me then please share.

• Well,

I managed to have access to a PC with 3DSMax 2017 installed but cannot compile the Kingman airport demo, apparently the IPACS export plugin is bugged and there's no clear hint that IPACS is going to fix it someday soon, I was advised to get a 2016 copy installed instead => #fail

I purchased AC3D and successfully installed the plugin and successfully imported a 3D object from my libraries. In AC3D everything looks ok, but when compiling the resulting TGI into AFS2, I get bleed through issues... Maybe I missed something, but there's no clear tutorial and I tried quite a lot of settings without success => #fail

[Blocked Image: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/47/1/1511165415-ac3d.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/47/1/1511165415-aerofly-fs-2-2017-11-19-08-09-27-89.jpg]

Thus, so far I'm quite of stuck... don't think I'm of any help as long as these issues aren't fixed.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.