UK Cultivation - Ordnance Survey instead of Open Streetmap

• Possibly Steve. But I think the code runs these lines for every building object it finds, rather than every geo location, so when it comes to the special building it doesn't know its already processed a normal one in the same place - and what if the special and normal don't exactly overlap? I suspect that after I've inspected the data I'll need to ask Arno for help.

• Regarding duplication of buildings in importantbuildings, i've checked in Qgis and that is definitely the issue, but i don't think Scenproc can help. I found this thread:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/…eatures.430766/

For now then we have 2 options:

1. Don't load important buildings, just buildings. We lose the church designation and any other special treatment, which at the moment isn't much anyway other than height
    2. Do the exclusion in Qgis. Right now i don't know how that is done
  • Regarding duplication of buildings in importantbuildings, i've checked in Qgis and that is definitely the issue, but i don't think Scenproc can help. I found this thread:

1. Don't load important buildings, just buildings. We lose the church designation and any other special treatment, which at the moment isn't much anyway other than height

Many thanks for looking into this Phil. It's swings and roundabouts with "important buildings" anyway at the moment. It improves large towns and cities, adding a scattering of high rise buildings - but it can also give incongruous results in villages and rural areas.

• Hold the front page...

Arno has pointed me in the direction of this new feature and will put some sample code together.

https://www.scenerydesign.org/2016/08/filtering-features

Why not remove the buildings you don't want in JOSM before running Scenproc?

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• I'm not sure that would be so easy with the way OS Data is provided, but all being well this dedupe will soon be automatic.

Why not remove the buildings you don't want in JOSM before running Scenproc?

• If anyone gets a chance to poke around the OS Data in QGIS in the next few days, is there anything in there that denotes areas/landuse that buildings sit within that could be used to indicate that a building is in a city or more rural. If so I've found scenproc commands that could add tags based on this and use them to modify the styling of buildings.

• If anyone gets a chance to poke around the OS Data in QGIS in the next few days, is there anything in there that denotes areas/landuse that buildings sit within that could be used to indicate that a building is in a city or more rural. If so I've found scenproc commands that could add tags based on this and use them to modify the styling of buildings.

...and building heights too. I remember there was something in the OSM landuse data my friend Roland uses for his free autogen. He covered many European countries like France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Greece, and also started releasing California.

I cannot recall which parameter he used, and I'm afraid it isn't necessarily available in your UK-specific dtat, but you can use several sources...

BTW, any news from IPACS regarding the new cultivation concept ?

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I'm not sure that would be so easy with the way OS Data is provided, but all being well this dedupe will soon be automatic.

I'm able to to remove/add and pretty much do what I want with the OSM files in JOSM. I just need to ensure I save local and not upload the changes.

Have you tried the to use JOSM?

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• I'm able to to remove/add and pretty much do what I want with the OSM files in JOSM. I just need to ensure I save local and not upload the changes.

Have you tried the to use JOSM?

I did first, but sadly the data is rubbish for the UK. OS Data has total coverage. I think we're nearly there though with dedupes.

• I did first, but sadly the data is rubbish for the UK. OS Data has total coverage. I think we're nearly there though with dedupes.

Thats a shame.

I have just about finished building up the Moruya (YMRY) airport and surrounds. It was a manual job, great fun though.

Only thing I need is to model actual airport buildings(thats another thing I need to learn)

Handy cultivation tools

• I'm testing this line to resolve the building overlap

FilterFeatures|FEATCODE="15014"|FEATCODE>="15018"|DISTANCE_CENTER|1

It is taking ages though. Arno's advice is to run it after SplitGrid but I'm not running a SplitGrid. Rodeo - in your example that started me off you commented out that line. Why was that? I've never properly understood SplitGrid.

1. # Split the features into a grid of 0.25 x 0.25 degrees
    2. # Do not split buildings, but filter them into the right grid cells
    3. # I need to ask Rodeo why he commented this out
    4. # SplitGrid|0.25|*|FEATCODE="15014"
  • KML Exclusion Files and OS Data

larrylynx , Ian C , anyone - I'm looking at excluding ares from cultivation of OS Data for the first time and tried the following lines. No luck. Have you had success? Extract below..

The scenproc log said that the skip attribute was added to 0 features.

• The only suggestion I have is to move the KML files to be local because in one case you provided the full pathname and the other case you didn't - not sure if that is the problem. Here is what worked for me fine (I made very detailed, non-rectangular, sections with GoogleEarth around the airport edge). I was also able to use multiple exclude files.

# Load Shapefile that will be excluded from processing

ImportOGR|KCRQ_Exclude.kml|*|*|NOREPROJ

#

AddAttributeIfInside|building="*"|FROMFILE="KCRQ_Exclude.kml"|String;skip|yes

AddAttributeIfInside|point="light"|FROMFILE="KCRQ_Exclude.kml"|String;skip|yes

AddAttributeIfInside|FTYPE="POINT" And landuse="forest"|FROMFILE="KCRQ_Exclude.kml"|String;skip|yes

UnloadFeatures|skip="yes"

#

Good luck

Dave W.

• I did exclude cultivation at LIPZ using a kml file according to Rodeo's video tutorial which I made using Google Earth, and that worked. The code in Roedo's file is

ImportOGR|H:\Cultivation\OSM\exclude.kml|*|*|NOREPROJ

AddAttributeIfInside|building="*"|FROMFILE="exclude.kml"|String;skip|yes

AddAttributeIfInside|point="light"|FROMFILE="exclude.kml"|String;skip|yes

AddAttributeIfInside|FTYPE="POINT" And landuse="forest"|FROMFILE="exclude.kml"|String;skip|yes

UnloadFeatures|skip="yes"

... looks similar to yours

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Thanks Michael and Dave.

arnog - Do you have any debugging tips for doing this exclusion?