UK Cultivation - Ordnance Survey instead of Open Streetmap

• Phil,

Does the scenProc event log show any features that get the extra attribute and being unloaded?

I would start debugging there.

None.

19:36 AddAttributeIfInside Information Adding attribute skip with value yes to features FEATCODE>=15014 and FEATCODE<=15028 that are inside FTYPE="POLYGON" AND (FROMFILE="cark_exclude.kml")

19:36 AddAttributeIfInside Information Added attribute to 0 features

Even though

19:36 ImportOGR Information Reading file D:\aerofly_fs_2_sdk_tools_oct17\Cultivation\OS Download\opmplc_essh_ny\cark_exclude.kml

19:36 ImportOGR Information Read 1 features from file

I can only assume that the polygon does not overlap any features which doesn't make sense. I'll load in the TOC generated and double check the cultivation is what I think it is.

• Hi Phil,

I think it is more likely something is wrong with the filter, causing no features to be considered. Are you sure the features have an attribute FEATCODE (with all capitals)?

And just to be sure, check if the KML file contains a polygon and not only a bounding line as well.

Arno

• Hi Phil,

I think it is more likely something is wrong with the filter, causing no features to be considered. Are you sure the features have an attribute FEATCODE (with all capitals)?

And just to be sure, check if the KML file contains a polygon and not only a bounding line as well.

Sorry to trouble you all. Simple user error after all. Inaccurately drawn kml!

• Before delving into this - it's only available for the UK, and there's nothing comparable available for other countries, right?

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Before delving into this - it's only available for the UK, and there's nothing comparable available for other countries, right?

Kind regards, Michael

yes, its uk specific, but perhaps other countries have equivalents. Its government/tax payer funded so it seems fair to make it free for private use and other countries may well do the same.

• Thanks Phil. Might be worth looking for other countries, but the data formats may be different.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Thanks Phil. Might be worth looking for other countries, but the data formats may be different.

Kind regards, Michael

i'm sure they will. It would be great to have a proven scenproc script/process for every country that has an opendata approach to this info.

Kind regards, Michael

More and more countries are making their data open. For example for the Netherlands and Luxembourg I know similar data exists and I've used it within scenproc for experiments.

Arno

• Flickering Buildings and Exclusions

A month or so back we were trying to solve the problem of OS data producing flickering buildings. This is now solved. The cause was the duplication of buildings - all buildings in the special buildings SHP file were also in the buildings SHP file and the IPACS autgen code was rendering both buildings in the same place but sometimes with different characteristics due to randomisation.

I've updated my code here to fix this (thanks again arnog ). I've also added lines for airport cultivation exclusion which can be commented out as needed.